The Scale Won't Move! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Do you use a digital food scale? if not, more than like you are over eating and not in a deficit. Get a digital food scale and weigh everything.
  • LuckyLil12Linda
    LuckyLil12Linda Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was a WeightWatcher leader for several years......up ur protein, eat all your calories. How much do you need to lose?
    Sometimes, people who need to lose more will lose a but faster in the beginning. I love MFP due to I love being accountable and the diary is great.
  • LuckyLil12Linda
    Options
    I don't weigh, but I do measure tsps, tbs, and cups, etc. try to be patient, one day it will roll.
  • LuckyLil12Linda
    Options
    I'm a bit older and have tried unsuccessfully for a long time, lots meds and just exhaustion......after getting rid of meds and watching calories, I upped the exercise to 30-60 minutes a day, five times a week and wham, the scale moved.
  • LuckyLil12Linda
    Options
    Weigh once a week and no more than twice. Early morning is best, before water retention, etc. I consume very little sugar, it only makes you crave more. Use honey or agave, it's much better for you. Diet sodas make you crave sugar per 2 doctors and a good nutritionist. It will happen.....don't give up.
  • LuckyLil12Linda
    Options
    EplisonGamma is on it......first, you don't need to lose much, but you must eat as suggested to help ur metabolism
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need some exercise? :smile:
  • p_s1984
    p_s1984 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. I was not losing for a week and I was kind of upset. I started to eat more protein ( greek yogurt, chicken, meat, cheese) and I am losing weight again. Carbs turn to sugar which turns to fat. Eat more protein.
  • Courtney066
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm totally going to start eating a lot more protein and less carbs. Thanks for all your help :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So I join MFP about 5 days ago but it has been about 2 weeks that I've been carefully watching my weight and trying to eat everything that's healthy, drinking lots of water and keeping at my calorie goal...but the scale hasn't moved! I been doing everything right (well at least I think I have) and my weight is still at 128.5 :frown:

Is this normal?
    Eating healthy has not nil to do with losing weight. In order to lose weight, you must eat less than your burn.

That said, 128 pounds at your height is normal. I looked at your diary and it seems to me you might not be weighting your food, and with a few days of scarce logging I wonder if you are logging every single thing you eat. I say this because if you were truly eating so few calories most days you would have lost weight even during the first few weeks.

My guess is that you are eating more than you think, which happens through underestimating calorie in and underestimating calorie burns.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. I was not losing for a week and I was kind of upset. I started to eat more protein ( greek yogurt, chicken, meat, cheese) and I am losing weight again. Carbs turn to sugar which turns to fat. Eat more protein.
    No, carbs don't make a person fat. A person gains fat from eating too much food in general, but protein is excellent fuel for our bodies. :smile:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Looking at your photo with the information you have given us, I would think your weight is approximately 115-125 which is well within your IBW range. I am not sure you really need to lose weight, per se. I would focus more on fitness and less on actually losing weight... As you near your midpoint of your weight range, it gets harder and harder to lose weight. None-the-less, if you really want to lose weight try:
    1. Weigh food to ensure you are not over eating
    2. Be careful not to over estimate exercise
    3. Eat more protein in relation to carbs and fat
    4. Move more .. it does not have to be "exercise".. It can be moving faster or engaging in other activities.

Best wishes on attaining your goals.