couch to 5K??

what is it??

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    It's a 'program' that teaches you the ability to go from Zero running to running a 5k (3.1ish miles) straight. I think it's like 9 weeks long. If you have a smartphone there's a few c25k apps you can download for free.

Basically, the apps tell you when to warmup/cooldown (walking), when to begin/stop running and when to walk between running.
    Over the coarse, the running time increases, walking decreases, etc until you are fully running the 5k.

I've done 2 weeks of it before before I got plantar fasciitis in my foot, so I had to quit. It's a good program though if you want to become a runner.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    I didn't use a program but I went from the couch to running 5ks. Now I run 4 miles 4 times a week.
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    I totally swear by this program. I began last May having NEVER been able to run more than a minute at a time in my entire life. I can now easily run more than an hour in time or over 6 miles in distance. I'm also now training for my first half marathon.
    It has lowered my heart rate and I believe prevented me from getting sick. I usually get sick every other month, I've only been sick 2x in almost a year now.

I had to redo several weeks. There's no shame in repeating weeks, just stay active.