Breakfasts To-Go ...?

Options

Replies

• Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't Laugh

2 Cuties tangerines and 12 Dry roasted almonds with sea salt. Salty almonds provide a crunch and the tangerines provide sweetness.

Eat a section of tangerine and an almond at the same time it tastes like Candy. I can't explain it but for some reason this satisfies you so well that you are not hungry until lunch time.

165 Calories
    Fiber and Omega 3

I turned everyone at work on to this breakfast and they were all amazed. I then tried it with Almonds dusted in cocoa powder but that was way to decadent for breakfast.
  • PcchioRun
    Options
    Hmm... What about....

English breakfast muffin with peanut butter and sprinkled with cinnamon?

Or you could have a bread and butter roll with milk and go :D

But I drink protein shake and then eat a bigggg sandwich before going off to places !! XD
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    On a day off of work make a big batch of breakfast burritos and freeze them. Then just nuke for 2-minutes. The best part is you can customize them however you want and add whatever fillings you want: eggs, egg whites, peppers, mushrooms, beans, meat, etc....
  • michaeladuke
    Options
    I bake egg/egg white omelets in a muffin tin once a week, and bag them in ziploc's (2 per bag). I use 1 egg and a few egg whites (or just egg whites) in each tin. Then add a small portion of a wedge of skinny cow swiss cheese and some green onion. I have even added precooked turkey sausage crumbles. You can add whatever you like! Peppers, mushrooms, anything. They taste great, and are really easy to grab and go!

I also like HerbaLife Caffe Latte Formula 1 shakes, I just mix with unsweetened almond milk or regular fat free milk and go! You feel so full and its really quick!
  • krazeedr
    krazeedr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do the "to go" part and go to Dunkin Donuts every morning for a drive thru order of iced coffee with skim milk and an egg white turkey sausage flatbread with no cheese. I like that quite a bit! When I feel like splurging, I have them put the French vanilla flavoring in the coffee. It's sugar free but I presume is filled with artificial sweeteners.
  • nickilynn1352
    nickilynn1352 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to stay under 200 calories for breakfast. I put one egg and one slice of cheddar cheese in a coffee cup and stir then micro-wave for 1 minute. Before MFP I didn't eat breakfast. This is quick and easy!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Mostly just bumping for the great egg ideas. (I just started eating eggs.) But I'll add mine:

Smoothie if I'm rushing out the door (usually protein powder, flax, peanut butter, soy milk)

You can also prepare oatmeal in advance, freeze it, then just thaw a portion. (I wonder how cooked oatmeal would be mixed into a muffin tin with egg, veggie, and meat? Freeze this then microwave to eat. Sounds good to me--might try it!)

There's also egg and blueberry muffin recipe at http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/1009711-11-easy-new-egg-recipes-may-not-yet-tried/#slide=7
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    this week I mixed eggs, mushrooms, spinach and feta cheese in a cassarole dish and baked. When done I cut it up and stored it in 5 containers for the work week so I can grab, heat up and go.

I change it up weekly, you can use any combo of meat and/or veggies you want

I do this often. Great breakfast and easy to do.
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    ABB Pure Protein RTD (ready to drink) shakes. They taste amazing, contain 50g protein, 3g of sugar, 2g carbs. Unfortunately, they are quite pricey. Buying from a Gym can cost $5 each. I buy them by the case from Vitamine Shoppe or Amazon for around $35 a case of 12 cans.
  • Crisann9
    Crisann9 Posts: 6
    Options
    Do you have a Trader Joe's or similiar? They have these awesome frozen pockets of Steel Cut Oatmeal and they taste terrific. I pop them in the microwave for 3min and enjoy. I also eat the Chiobani Greek Yogurt - look at the flavors though.. many of them pack in sugars.. I found either the plain with a packet of honey, or the key lime to be the lowest in sugars. I do come to work with at least a banana, orange and/or baby carrots and brocolli florets... they make great snack additions. Hope that helps.
    oh.. Walmart also sells a Sensible or Smart Ones frozen Oatmeal, but it's not Steel cut oats and I think it has more sugar.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches for my husband a few times a week......

sandwich thin
    egg white
    cheese/meat/whatever

I put the cheese/meat in a round 2cup ramekin sprayed with cooking spray. Pop it in the microwave for 1:45 or 2mins. I start the toaster for the thin when I put the egg in the microwave, comes out perfect everytime!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    All of these recipes work in a single serve blender and work out to make about 16 oz. I then pour it into a small 500 mL mason jar (perfect fit), make sure the lid is on snug, throw it and a couple of straws in my bag and go. I have my "smoothie station" as my boyfriend calls it so that I can make these all in about 5 minutes, which basically means my blender and measuring cups are in a drawer next to the fridge, where my smoothie items are together (almond milk, coconut water, soaked dates, etc.) and all my fruits and greens are pre-cut and put into tupperware containers on the door of my freezer. Additional ingredients I may use (cocoa powder, whole psyllium husk, maca powder, etc.) are all in the cupboard next to the fridge, right above where I make my smoothies as well.

Strawberry kiwi smoothie
    1 cup frozen strawberry halves (49 cal)
    1 whole kiwi (42 cal) — Fresh is best, kiwis don't freeze particularly well in my experience
    1/4 cup banana (33 cal)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk, regular or vanilla (40 cal)
    2 soaked dates (46 cal) or sweeten to taste
    Optional 1 cup spinach (7 cal) if you like your smoothies green

Piña colada smoothie
    1 cup frozen pineapple chunks (82 cal)
    1 cup coconut water (80 cal)
    The pineapple and coconut water are sweet enough on their own, so I don't sweeten this one.

Orange creamsicle smoothie
    1 cup frozen orange chunks (85 cal)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk, regular works but vanilla is best (40 cal)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract (6 cal) or to taste
    Sweeten to taste. (I'll pop 0-2 soaked dates in depending on my mood for this one.)

Orange-pineapple smoothie
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks (41 cal)
    1/2 cup frozen orange chunks (43 cal)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk, regular or vanilla, but again vanilla works best (40 cal)
    I don't bother sweetening this one either as ripe pineapple is plenty sweet.

Cocoa-maca malted chocolate shake smoothie
    1 cup frozen blueberries (85 cal)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk, regular or vanilla (40 cal)
    1 tbsp cocoa powder (20 cal)
    1-2 tbsp maca root powder (20-40 cal) — Great for energy and concentration, adds that malted flavour
    1 cup spinach (7 cal) — The chocolate flavour will cover more bitter greens if you want to add kale as well, so this one I always add greens to.
    Sweeten to taste, definitely needed to sweeten the cocoa
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    No one dictated that oatmeal must be sweet. Add eggs, meat, cheese, veg, etc. It will taste something like a quiche.

2 teaspoons of peanut better are also good in oatmeal.

In my limited sugar quest, I add an egg per serving of oatmeal when I'm cooking it for cheap protein, cinnammon to make it seem sweet and ground flax and fruit after I cook it. Keep me satiated for 6 hours.

I cook up 7 servings every weekend, refrigerate the pot, and scoop out a serving and nuke it daily.

The oatmeal, pb, flax and fruit is about 500 calories. Why would someone try to eat a 200 calorie breakfast?
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • uptomoonandback
    uptomoonandback Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @ashleycde:
    For the Orange creamsicle smoothie: 1 cup frozen orange chunks (is this just orange juice that you have frozen)?
  • LikesShineyThings
    Options
    HARD BOILED EGGS!! They have been my absolute life-saver. I boil about a dozen at a time, then in the morning I grab one egg and half of a banana. Sometimes i'll grab about a cup of milk, too, just to make sure I'm getting enough calories in the morning. It definitely works for me and is super, SUPER easy.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @ashleycde:
    For the Orange creamsicle smoothie: 1 cup frozen orange chunks (is this just orange juice that you have frozen)?
    Nope. When I get home from the grocery store I take all my fruits, peel/cup them and put them into airtight containers to freeze them so that they work better in smoothies, instead of using ice. Just peel your oranges, cut them into chunks, freeze and voila! The only fruit I've found that doesn't freeze well is kiwis, but oranges freeze great. If they stick together (they will), instead of jabbing at them with a butter knife and breaking the container (I've done this, trial and error), run warm water into the container and the pieces will free very easily. Then pour the excess water out and refreeze.
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Look up breakfast meals in a jar on youtube
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    kefir (http://www.lifeway.net/)! Most delicious discovery ever, and lactose free.
    a banana or apple
    a small baggie of granola (homemade with honey and cinnamon and hemp seeds and flax/ chia seed blend.)
    That has enough energy in it to last all day and transfers in the car very well.