help! I'm getting married in 3 months

Options
So my wedding is on June 3rd. I'm about 270 lbs. I'd like to atleast try to lose 50 pounds by then because I'm not very comfortable getting my picture taken. Does anyone have any suggestions on a (at least somewhat helathy) way to do It? Please reply asap! Thank you!:)

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    This link has tons of good information to help get you going in a healthy manner: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

As for 50 lbs in 3 months….1-2 lbs per week, or roughly 8 lbs per month is a more realistic goal. You don't say how tall you are or how much you have to lose (whether 50 total or more than that), but unless you have a lot of weight to lose, you're not going to lose 50 lbs in 3 months in a healthy way. But any weight you lose is a step in the direction you want to go in, so follow the link and get started.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Even at 2 lbs a week, it's going to be pretty hard to lose that amount so quickly, but that doesn't mean you can't lose a pretty good amount in that time . Enter your stats, set your goals and see how many calories MFP gives you as a starting place. The sexypants post is really quite helpful as already suggested.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Bad news: You're not going to lose 50lbs in 3 months in any healthy or sustainable manner. Hell, even if you did lose 50 lbs in that short a time period, you would probably look saggy and tired and strung out and not at all the way you want to look.

Good news: You can lose 20-25 lbs, and look strong and sexy and the best you you can be in that time period. Read the link above. Its good advice.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Wow. With all the stress of a wedding coming up - why would you put the extra stress of starving into the mix? You know it's not going to happen that fast.

So advice? Lose what you can, for as long as you can. Buy a suit that looks awesome on you and that you feel good in and read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • LoriKi2
    LoriKi2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! No matter what you weigh, smile your best smile for all the pictures b/c your fiance thinks you are beautiful. Confidence will make you more beautiful than weight loss. Go to your doctor and/or a weight loss coach and get the best advice you can. Eat healthy, find something physical you like to do and do it a lot. Hiking, dance, martial arts are all fun, engaging and good for weight loss as are many other things. Also, things that make you look thinner naturally: standing up straight (swear this will make you look 10 lbs thinner), don't wear clothes that are too tight (ignore the size - a muffin top always looks fat, but if you wear a larger size with a spanx and you're smooth, you look way thinner) and confidence (if you are fun and interesting, no one is going to notice a few extra pounds). Good luck!
  • seresha
    seresha Posts: 65
    Options
    Thank you everyone!:)
  • Bofsoca
    Bofsoca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First of all, best wishes on your upcoming marriage! :) Second, I want to tell you what I told my daughter (and myself) as we prepared for her wedding......we are ultimately going to be celebrating the love of two people who want to share their lives together. That was the most important thing for us to keep remembering. So if my weight wasn't where I wanted it to be or if anything happened, like the food was cold, or the flowers were the wrong color, or anything that was not according to plan, we would remember the ultimate thing....that we were celebrating love, and the other stuff was secondary. Yes, eat healthy, track, exercise - you will feel really good, and you will be successful. But enjoy your wedding day regardless. Much happiness.