Goals have changed, looking for friends!

Options
Samby_v1
Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
Hi!

I've been here three weeks and have spend a lot of time reading the forums, so thanks for all the free and sensible advice. I've been able to stay within my meagre allotted calories due to working out most days of the week (and eating them back), but I'm 5'4" and (now) 132ish lbs and therefore within a healthy weight range. I have no idea why I thought attempting to lose 20lbs at a rate of 2lbs a week with cardio exercise was a good idea, but it's not for me. The weight hasn't been dropping off - fortunately the measurements have. The Daily Burn workouts I've been doing have incorporated weights into the programme I'm on, and I've been using heavy weights and been significantly getting stronger (e.g. carrying heavy shopping has become easy). Then I read NROLFW and it all started to make sense. The numerous 'lifting heavy doesn't make you bulky' posts have really inspired me to start lifting, and with my non-existant upper body strength I'm planning to warm up to the NROLFW workouts with my adjustable 'ladies' kettlebell (don't worry, I have already burned the confusing and frankly irresponsible, yet hilarious accompanying DVD).

Anyway, I'm already feeling fitter than I have done in years. I'm due for my first set of progress pictures next week, but regardless, the tape measure and the way I feel inside doesn't lie. I look forward to upping my calories to normal human levels tomorrow (today's a recovery day and I've got too much housework to do). I'm looking for strong friends who are either in the same boat as me, or fancy taking a grasshopper under their wing. I'm not really sure what to do about the counter, as I'm certainly not aiming to maintain weight (look at that beer gut!) but I'm aware results will be very different as muscle replaces fat, so any advice there would be very much appreciated.

TLDR: I'm changing my goals from weight loss/cardio to fitness/strength/smoking bod. Looking for friends!

Replies

• TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and still have about 25lbs to lose. I, like you dont see weight drop off quickly but the tape measure doesn't lie. I lift weights religiously and log everything. If you are looking for new exercise ideas I am sure I can help.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm a nrol4w graduate and now on a split. I'm also currently in the last weeks of my first bulk :) so I will have to start cutting again soon :(

You'll love the programme and the awesome body it'll get you ;-)

Edit cause making sense is hard after leg day...
  • Samby_v1
    Options
    *bump*
  • say_pocket
    say_pocket Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 23 and looking to build my strength too. Honestly, I've had MFP set at maintaining weight for a month now, and I'm still slowly losing weight, so dont be afraid to set yours to weight maintaining levels. Especially if you're working out a lot.
  • specialk8900
    specialk8900 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't afford a trainer but I did join Golds Gym on Thursday. Do you know good apps for the gym? I have an iphone
  • Samby_v1
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 23 and looking to build my strength too. Honestly, I've had MFP set at maintaining weight for a month now, and I'm still slowly losing weight, so dont be afraid to set yours to weight maintaining levels. Especially if you're working out a lot.

Friend requested! I'm going to update everything tomorrow. With the NROLFW calculations I'll be at 1661 cals per day on rest days and 1906 on workout days. Yum!
  • Samby_v1
    Options
    I can't afford a trainer but I did join Golds Gym on Thursday. Do you know good apps for the gym? I have an iphone

You might be better off asking in the Fitness forum. Depends on what you're using it for. If it's just to log sets and reps then a pen and paper is all you need. There's also an apps tab here (above), and I remember checking out some workout apps when I first signed up.