am I eating too few calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• chunkycherub79
    chunkycherub79 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article. I've just read it and it's owned my eyes. Cortisol along with myself is my enemy.

I've already decided to increase my cal intake to the 1600. But I'm also as the article stats "chill the heck out" cos it's doing me no favours!

Thanks Melissa. I'll add now :)
  • nlrossbrook
    nlrossbrook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Meal 1:
    400 calories per meal (50g carbs, 30g protein, 9g fat)
    Snack 1:
    200 calories per snack (25g carbs, 15g protein, 4g fat)
    Meal 2:
    Snack 2:
    200 calories per snack (25g carbs, 15g protein, 4g fat)
    Meal 3:
  • chunkycherub79
    Options
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My problem is my weight loss is slower than my not so heavy friends' and I'm really frustrated. I've been told by a couple of friends that maybe part of the problem is I'm eating too few calories.

No, that doesn't happen.

The issue here is that your caloric deficit is smaller than you think it is.
  • yewbic
    yewbic Posts: 37
    Options
    you shouldn't compare your losses to other people's losses, cause other people could be holding on to water from strenuous exercise or high sodium intake and maybe 1 or 2 of those 4 pounds could have been water weight...

after my initial 10-15 pound loss when i first started (of which im sure most was water), i settled in at losing an average of 2-3 pounds per week. right now the most i can lose is 2 per week. the lower you go, the slower it gets.

so 2 pound loss for the week is great. I know alot of people are saying you should up your 1200 to what MFP recommends for you (1600)... but i also want to note that it's important for you to know that what you shouldn't do is go below that 1200... cause that's already pretty low, you don't wanna go below that and risk slowing down your metabolism.

you should also make sure to always eat back the calories you burn from exercise, just incase you dont already...

2 pounds per week is a victory though, you should be happy :)
  • chunkycherub79
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

After reading the comments I've received ive decided on a few changes I will put into place from now on & will see how it goes :)

Patience and perseverance :)