Extremely overweight and in need of supportive friends

Options
Hi! I am very very overweight, I weigh 300 lbs right now. I take some medications that add on the pounds too, as a side effect. I have been successful loosing weight in the past, and for most of my life I didn't have a weight problem. Seems now, I have also become an emotional over eater. I am ready however to get this weight off. I workout 3 times a week right now. My weight is awful in so many ways, such as just today I was coming inside and I fell... Hard. I really messed up my knee. I knew then, that was it and I would start taking this as seriously as I can. I am looking for some supportive friends to help me on my journey. And maybe I could help them too with their journey. We can do this~ Let's get this done!

Replies

• mandasky
    mandasky Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Mishka, I am more than happy to be fitness pals :)
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I also have a ton to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there - would love to be a motivator and friend - we can help each other stay on track.

Feel Free to add :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me but please only do so if you offer mutual support as hits is a two way journey, all the best with your weight loss journey
  • Magda_Castle
    Magda_Castle Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, started this journey at 342 lbs and need to lose over 200lbs in total.

Feel free to add me :)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just left the 300's feel free to add me also
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me but please only do so if you offer mutual support as hits is a two way journey, all the best with your weight loss journey

^^^^ this
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I'm here to motivate & I can always use some motivation myself.
  • NitaBatchelor
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. We can show support to one another.......
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too. Please add me :)
  • stellamakes3
    stellamakes3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me too, Started out over 250, have a few shorter-term goals to meet first, but ultimately aiming to lose 93-98 lbs.
  • stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I only friend people that gives support in return.

If you send me a request please give my a reason why you want to be friends. I log daily
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    is support is what you need ... I will help you with whatever I can for you to achieve your goals

feel free to add me and so everyone in this tread
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you out! You got this! Anyone can add me as well, or I'll shoot you requests! Good luck!
  • sisterofpuppets
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain young lady. I am so sorry that you fell and hurt your knee. I know this may sound dumber than a bag of wet mice, but feel fortunate---I only have one good leg. I lost my left leg in the line of duty while working as a paramedic when I got struck by a car. I started here at 375 and at present I am at 360. On my 50th birthday this October, my present to myself is to have 76 lbs gone and be under 300 lbs for the first time in probably 15 years.

I have faith in you and I am confident that if you keep your eye on the prize and stay in touch with your buddies here (me included), you will make out just fine. I always welcome new friends here. The journey to better health is less hectic and more enjoyable when you have some buds by your side :flowerforyou:
  • pinklemonayde530
    pinklemonayde530 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You, and anyone else, can add me too :-)
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can add me also! My first goal is to get under 200 then I will be adding another goal. Hope to lose about 75-80 pounds total.
    Anyone else can add me too. :)
  • Spirittina
    Options
    Hi Mishka :)

i too have a lot too lose its hard but we can do it! :) i have added u as friend hope i can be support to you as you to me :)
    good luck :)
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Mishka, May I make a specific suggestion? Order the book OVERCOMING OVEREATING (you can find it at Amazon or most bookstores) and read it cover to cover before you make any more attempts to lose weight.

If you have an eating disorder - and that's what you describe, much like the one I have - your approach to losing weight has failed because it is the wrong approach. O.O. can tell you EXACTLY what you need to do to immediately break the binge cycle. (A hint: it is extremely counterintuitive, and involves filling your fridge and freezer with every fatten and forbidding food that you avoid now.) . Once you have done that and have started feeding yourself enough - chances are you are NOT eating enough right now - you can begin to lose weight in a safe and steady way. Your metabolism will adjust and begin helping you instead of working against you....your body is holding onto the weight because it is not receiving the right food in the right amt.

If you get the book, and start going for a regular walk. Five minutes longer each day. Until you are walking for 1 hr every day. You will be on your way with no more pain and very little sorrow. Good luck!