Hi from Singapore

Options
Hey Everyone,

Just joined, really excited about meeting some like minded people on a fitness goal.

I am 39, live in Singapore (an Australian and Brit Citizen here on secondment) running a Communications agency here. Have really struggled with the weather being so hot and humid and the fact that there always seems to be someone in town wanting to meet for beers which is great but not exactly good for the waist.

Been quite fit most of life but put on 8 kilos since coming to Singapore and have set myself a challenge of 1000 calories a day and 5 weeks of 5 x morning jogging, in the hope I get back to where I was.

I have two gorgeous Hungarian Vizsla dogs who, while they dont know it yet will also make up part of the fitness team.

Anyone out in Singapore near Central that wants to meet for a jog, drop me a line :)

Cheers

Dan

Replies

• SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP-it has been a great site for me. Hopefully you find a few new friends nearby to keep inspired with. It is definitely not easy to follow a plan when out for business or social occasions, but I have found lots of great motivators here on the forums. You might try the search feature to look for any fellow Singapore members. Good luck.
  • bartolinis
    bartolinis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello was just bored and looking at site.I saw Singapore and thought I would be nosy. What concerns me your daily calorie intake it may be too low. Unless you are small in stature. Redo your stats. You will probably need more than 1000 calories just to exist and will get easily bored or feel deprived.
    Nice to have dogs and Visla are big they will probably love being part of the team.