tracking process heavy recipies

Options
olletho
olletho Posts: 20 Member
Hola,

So I'd post this under Food and Nutrition but its so busy there and I doubt there is a fast answer this would be lost in minutes.

So think about proper French Cooking. How do you track things like marinades where not all of the ingredients make it directly to the plate (cooked or otherwise)? Or what I'm looking at now, which is a soup stock that I'm about to skim the fat off of.

(I admit I haven't even tried to search the database to find out if it has the nutritional numbers for a 1/4 pound of rabbit bones.)

I occasionally think that a lot of good recipes aren't thought of as healthy cooking simply because they are so hard to calculate.

Replies

• corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I make 99 percent of my food from scratch and I never know how to calculate stocks since technically you didnt eat the meat or the vegetables...hopefully someone has a good explanation.
  • olletho
    Options
    *~bump~*
  • olletho
    Options
    I have to admit that the more there is no answer for this, not even a way to bodge around it, the more I am left with the stereotype that programmers generally just don't cook.