Has anyone gotten rid of huge breasts with weight loss

Options
Just to note I am not talking DD cup, that's by all means a normal size and I don't want to know.

I am talking truly big breasts like an F cup plus. I am a 32G/H and they make me so miserable. I am currently 5'2 and 60kg. I am 5kg away from my goal weight. I am hoping my breasts will shrink down to a relatively ordinary size. I want to be a B or C cup. Am I being unrealistic?

I can't afford surgery to have them reduced, and I don't qualify for an NHS reduction since phenomenally these things don't give me ANY back pain or physical discomfort.

They do however constantly pop out of my clothes and bra and spill even when I am wearing the correct size. I can't just wear a plain vest top like everyone else. If I lay on my side or bend over they literally fall out of my bra. I have to cover myself in layers of clothing just to hide them. The straps to my bras are also very thick and after having my daughter they sag so I need my bras on the tightest setting and my bras are very visible under most clothes. It's extremely embarrassing and I dread summer time when other women get to wear nice things but I don't. I also have self harm scars on them that I did in my teens which makes them even more of a problem, and I regret it now but there isn't much I can do.

I am hoping they will decrease with weight loss but my band size just seems to be dropping and not my cup size.

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I started this journey at a 34GG, I'm now down to about a 34G (was a 32H before gaining weight from pregnancy). I expect to lose more from my band size, but unless I drastically drop my body fat percentage, I'm probably going to end up a 32E or 32F. I was that size when I was in my best shape; I just have big boobs. I've made peace with it and with the fact that there are some types of clothes I'm not going to be able to wear. Many of the women who can wear those clothes would give their right arm to have my boobs anyway. We've all got our hang-ups.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    you are not wearing the right style bra, and possibly not the right size either. demi cup bras are for itty btty boobies.

as far as how small a cup size you will get, look at your fitter family members. breast size is mostly fat, and mostly genetic. i have a 21 yr old niece. she had itty bitties for forever! very athletic, very fit. she went away to college, gained like 5 pounds, and went from barely a b to a DD. genetics. i grew from a 32B to a 36D during my first pregnancy, in about 4 months time. (i was also 21 when that happened lol) all the women in my family are bigger, d and up. right now i have the biggest of everybody due to nursing (34E)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    You don't have enough weight left to lose that much boob. I went from 40H to 34 DD but not with only 5kg to lose.

I agree with Amanda. If you are spilling out you are not in the right size/style. Go and get professionally fitted, you can't shop at 'normal' bra stores - that was my life for many years. Get the right size bra and you will feel much better about yourself though unfortunately some clothing just isn't made for women with boobs and that's not going to change. Find things you CAN wear well. Try empire style tops - they look fabulous on us top heavy ladies!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    They will, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. I have a picture of me standing next to my roommate....she's exceptionally short and I was in high heels, so my chest was at about her head height. They were individually bigger than her head. And she has a good sized noggin. Now I've looked at a recent picture where I was crouched down to be at the same height as her and mine are now a little less than half her size. It hasn't helped me to keep them inside of bras, though. When the fat is that reduced, but the stretched out package stays the same it's even harder to get a bra that fits. Tight enough to actually support the little bit of fat there = too tight for the skin to also fit in...it oozes out the sides. Loose enough for the skin to fit inside the cup too = the fat just rolling about in the skin sack in the cup....bend over and because the cup is loose enough to accomodate the skin it all just oozes right out. Not pretty. If it's not causing back pain it might just be better to pray they stay as they are. lol
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    They will, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. I have a picture of me standing next to my roommate....she's exceptionally short and I was in high heels, so my chest was at about her head height. They were individually bigger than her head. And she has a good sized noggin. Now I've looked at a recent picture where I was crouched down to be at the same height as her and mine are now a little less than half her size. It hasn't helped me to keep them inside of bras, though. When the fat is that reduced, but the stretched out package stays the same it's even harder to get a bra that fits. Tight enough to actually support the little bit of fat there = too tight for the skin to also fit in...it oozes out the sides. Loose enough for the skin to fit inside the cup too = the fat just rolling about in the skin sack in the cup....bend over and because the cup is loose enough to accomodate the skin it all just oozes right out. Not pretty. If it's not causing back pain it might just be better to pray they stay as they are. lol

Are we sisters? All of what you said there: Yes. I'd kill for a bra that works for us unfortunate ladies who lost most of their breast fat and whose skin just didn't not recover. The only thing that keeps them contained is a really snug sports bra, but walking around with a uni-boob is just not a confidence booster. Sigh.
    OP: you will not see much if any size reduction with only 5kg to lose. Sounds like you'd benefit from visiting a specialty bra shop, getting professionally measured and fitted. Or check out the reddit page "A Bra That Fits." They are awesome bra experts who could help you out with recommendations. I think I'm going to hit them up for advice on what to do (besides surgery) for when your "fun bags" turn into "liquid skin bags." Sigh.
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started as a 38G I am currently (just got refitted last night) a 34E,so its possible but not to a B/C with the little you have left to lose. I lost in my chest first (unfortunately that is not the first area I gain in). I still have a ways to go but I hope I am done losing in that area and lose the rest in my stomach, thighs, arms and rear-end.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Are we sisters? All of what you said there: Yes. I'd kill for a bra that works for us unfortunate ladies who lost most of their breast fat and whose skin just didn't not recover. The only thing that keeps them contained is a really snug sports bra, but walking around with a uni-boob is just not a confidence booster. Sigh.
    OP: you will not see much if any size reduction with only 5kg to lose. Sounds like you'd benefit from visiting a specialty bra shop, getting professionally measured and fitted. Or check out the reddit page "A Bra That Fits." They are awesome bra experts who could help you out with recommendations. I think I'm going to hit them up for advice on what to do (besides surgery) for when your "fun bags" turn into "liquid skin bags." Sigh.

one time I tried simply taping the skin by grabbing up some of it closer to the center of my chest with the tape and then pulling around my side to my back. once the bra was on they actually looked normal for once, and the skin didn't just fall out of the middle of the bra like an amorphous blob. unfortunately, my skin is so thin now that apparently that was all it took for a hole to be ripped in it and now I'm sporting a fabulous ''I had to tape my boob to wear a bra'' scar
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I just wish my thighs were so easily gone like boobs...oh well...who said life is fair. LOL
  • Serena272
    Serena272 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I started of a 46 dd and over three years lost 9 stone and have ended up a 36 d so things do shrink.xxxx
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mine has shrunk a little bit. I started out at perhaps 36JJ, and now I'm at 32JJ (which is down, since the cups of 36JJ is the same as on 34K and 32KK, so I'm 2 cup sizes down, and 2 band sizes down). I expect they'll get smaller, but I hope it will be proportional. I don't actually mind having large breasts.
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I lost 56 pounds and went from a 40DD to a 34D...so you probably won't loose much in size.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a 36G to a 34F, lost about 20 pounds.
  • laolivabeachbum
    Options
    I don't think you know until you lose weight. My chest is always a DD whether I am 10 stone or 18 stone and I have been both. Also my sister in law was a size 10 and a 30H and had a breast reduction to a D...few years down the line she is still a size 10 and has crept back up to a 30F.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

one time I tried simply taping the skin by grabbing up some of it closer to the center of my chest with the tape and then pulling around my side to my back. once the bra was on they actually looked normal for once, and the skin didn't just fall out of the middle of the bra like an amorphous blob. unfortunately, my skin is so thin now that apparently that was all it took for a hole to be ripped in it and now I'm sporting a fabulous ''I had to tape my boob to wear a bra'' scar

My sympathies. I'm laughing right now, but with you, not at you. (Note to self: forget that tape idea.)
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    Yes. I dropped weight, got fit, wised up and dumped my b i t c h of a girlfriend. She had massive tits. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My sister dropped a cup size (she was happy), mine stayed the same (I was happy). Going from a G/H to a B/C is such a drastic change. Not sure if that's likely without surgical intervention to be honest. Maybe someone else can correct me on that. Not sure if it would make a difference on not having as much saggy, loose skin if you lose the fat REALLY, REALLY slowly. That seems to help somewhat with other areas of the body. Not sure about breasts, though.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 5kg and went down a cup size I went from 34G to 34F But if you look hard enough you can get amazing and beautiful bras for your size. They are out there. I live in NZ, a place where there isn't a lot of variation usually but still manage to find bras that fit and look cute. Get fitted, look around, sniff out the sales, our big sizes often are left on the rack.
  • Curvy_Bella
    Options
    And here I was hating being a 44D, couldn't imagine any of the sizes being listed here! :embarassed:
  • meganuhl1
    meganuhl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My biggest bra size was a 44f when I was nursing with my first daughter. By the time I got pregnant with my second I went back to 44DD (I had gained roughly 40 pounds in between that time) I started eating better and the weight I did gain through my 2nd was not in boob area. Now that my youngest is almost 2 1/2 and still watching what I eat and excersing religiously I can fit into a size 34 sports bra and others are 38C but the Cs are to big and Bs aren't big enough. Its like I am all skin and no fat to fill a cup right.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I lost 46 pounds... I went from 38d to 32 dd... As i continuee to get fitter, it seems like the more compact i get ... I am getting refit every six months at nordstroms.