A Different Kind of Comparison Picture...

Options
Crimson_Fire
Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
Today (frumpy) and last Saturday (all made up)

973d2755-bdaa-43f7-8ac8-2ebaf42b426e_zps9bde4d50.jpg

Today, for the first time someone made the comment that "I would need a makeover to compete with your gorgeousness." It made me feel weird because I have never considered myself "above average". I want to tell her that today I'm in total frumpy mode...no makeup, no shower, clothes that are way overly huge, hair is up in this awful half bun/half ponytail mess, my nose is swollen from a sinus infection, and my face is horribly broken out.

It's sad that women can look at other women and feel bad about themselves. I don't want her to feel any less about herself because she thinks a random woman on the internet is pretty. I struggle with self esteem issues myself sometimes. But, there is one thing to remember....

Ladies, beauty comes from within. Be yourself, love yourself, and love others. Be proud of yourself even on those frumpy days because as Marilyn Monroe said, "A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear." Beauty isn't makeup. :heart:

Let's see your different kind of comparison pic! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wish I had pics to post. People could really use to see/hear/know this. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Truth
  • JuanitaLynne
    JuanitaLynne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like you! You're the kind of girl many others could benefit from listening to. Pretty and a huge heart :)
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    What an awesome and inspirational post! I love this so much! We women are so hard on ourselves. It's so easy to forget where true beauty comes from. It comes from within. This is such a wonderful reminder of that. Thank you so much for sharing! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome post dear.... so proud of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way! since beginning a relationship with someone new I have taken an entirely different perspective on myself. thank goodness it's a positive one! I rarely wear makeup anymore or even fancy bra's or underwear. It's wonderful to feel beautiful no matter the size of the blackhead on your nose or the cellulite on my thighs. He truly freed me from societies views of what I thought everyone wanted and expected to see.
    Plus... You know how long it took to take this picture here and how many I deleted before this one??
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Love this!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • I_love_to_ride
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get back to you fast enough on this ( I had to do a shop before the stores cleared out)

Great post. I think when we talked about it though- the face you see in my profile is without makeup so it's always my starting off point. I never really mastered how to wear make up or to do it well. I usually feel a little envy at the ladies who have gotten that skill down pat and can look so much more dynamic when they do wear make up. So when I go out or stay home I always look the same. Bah - whatever I guess. I never leave the house anyways. haha.

BTW.. you look fabulous frumpy or done up.
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    beautiful post!!!!
  • Jersey_GirlSpins
    Jersey_GirlSpins Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post...so true!!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    great post. Going beyond the weight loss journey. Making it work for you.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, both inside and out! Love this! :)
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What an awesome and inspirational post! I love this so much! We women are so hard on ourselves. It's so easy to forget where true beauty comes from. It comes from within. This is such a wonderful reminder of that. Thank you so much for sharing! :heart: :flowerforyou:

This is so true! And not only are we hard on ourselves but we are comparing ourselves and worrying that we don't measure up.

This is an awesome post! Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Awww...this is such a great post! It's so true too!!! I usually have frumpy days myself, caring for 3 boys. I usually have puffy eyes with dark circles, and my hair usually never cooperates, or is too much of a pain in the butt to do anything with, and usually ends up in a ponytail. Most of my profile pics are my "best" pics, and it takes about 10 tries to try to get a decent looking one! Lol. No woman is gorgeous 24/7, even the models! For those women who have self esteem issues, go google your favorite beautiful person without makeup or anything. They look just like the rest of us. Many of us have room for improvement in all areas of our lives, but none of us have to be perfect. :))) I have plenty of days that I feel like I look like crap, or fat, or bloated. I don't always feel that way about myself though. We all have those days.
  • Thencalisays
    Thencalisays Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love this so much! Right on! I would say between 3 kids and working on changing my body most of my time is spent sweaty, frumpy or both. My uniform is yoga pants and a hoodie. I have a before and after pic somewhere, and it was me getting ready for work. The only 2 or 3 days a week I put on makeup. I love makeup, it's "my thing" but I just don't have time to get "done up" like I used to just to go to the store or get coffee. It doesn't take much to make me feel "done up" anymore, then again I have my "good yoga pants" and my "workout yoga pants" so I guess that's just where I am in my life. haha!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: this!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    This is a great post. You look fabulous in both pictures!
  • Vartor_the_Barbarian1
    Options
    Your post is spot on! True beauty emanates from a beautiful heart. Great post!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Awww....you are such a sweetheart!