Cinnamon

Options
Hello,
A friend of mine told me that cinnamon boosts your metabolism, does anyone do this? How much a day and can I just take it in pill form?

Thanks,
Katy

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    i can't remember if it's a teasponn or tablespoon...I'll have to find out. but u can take pill form. I've seen this being discussed recently. I did it this morning. I took a tspn worth. Good luck.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I heard 1 tsp per day and it helps regulates your blood sugar!
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    I take cinnamon because it is suppose to boost blood sugar metabolism. As far as helping ( I have been taking it for about 4 months) I don'i know because that is the time I started exercising.....but something is working.....could be both!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of cinnamon helps the sugar go down?? Say is that a song or something? Oh look!! Mary Poppins!!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to regulate your blood sugar, so that totally makes it ok to eat it on a crumpet with peanut butter, bananas, and honey, right? :wink: I like to mix it with my peanut butter or sprinkle it over an apple or a banana. I even put it in curries. It tastes good, and that's the only reason I really need to eat it.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yep, helps to regulate your blood sugar. My husband adds some to his coffee and his smoothies and puts it on his apples.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Ditto the above, good for blood sugar regulation. Great for diabetics. I sprinkle it on whole wheat toast, but that is because I like cinnamon toast, not for health benefits. LOL
  • irbluebutterfly
    irbluebutterfly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://altmedicine.about.com/od/cinnamon/a/cinnamon.htm

*** everything in moderation *** please be wary of the cautions too. we're all anxious to meet our goals, and we're all ready for it to have happened yesterday. don't go doing anything that might hurt you.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I add cinnamon to my oatbran every morning. I love it. Other spices are said to increase metabolism. Not sure how many studies they have done. I JUST LOVE IT AND USE IT WHEN I CAN!
  • lastchance2010
    Options
    A spoonful of cinnamon helps the sugar go down?? Say is that a song or something? Oh look!! Mary Poppins!!!

LOL
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    I put some on my plain applesauce and I love the taste. Didn't realize there were health benefits...hey, you mean I am doing something HEALTHY by ACCIDENT?? wooooo-hooooooo!
  • lastchance2010
    Options
    My husband adds some to his coffee and his smoothies and puts it on his apples.

I added it to my coffee today. it was uh...interesting...
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I add to my morning porridge.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I like cinnamon so I am going to start adding it to my food! I just never thought it was so good for you!
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I add to my morning porridge.

ME TOO...quick minute oats.....cinnamon....brown sugar (slenda) YUM!!!!!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Dr. Oz tip; ADD Ground Cinnamon to your daily diet(diary) Low Cal, FIBER, No Sodium, No Fat!! The good: This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Vitamin K and Iron, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Calcium and Manganese Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/180/2#ixzz17Sc4CZ1Z
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My husband adds some to his coffee and his smoothies and puts it on his apples.

I added it to my coffee today. it was uh...interesting...

haha, didn't like it? He only uses a little, not an entire tsp in one cup :)
  • PussyKat
    PussyKat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the health benefits but I always sprinkle some in my coffee...tastes great!
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I remember reading a thread about this subject several weeks ago. So I went to GNC and bought a bottle of capsules. There were two different types, don't remember what kinds; anywhoo, I take one capsule every morning with my coffee. Can't say I feel any differently, but I will tell you that I have lost every single week, despite some personal issues and moving with 3 kids right b4 christmas. I think i'm in love with cinamanon!