Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I will send FR to women if I find them to have:

1) An attractive fitness physique and mutual friends
    2) If I have seem them in the forums or on friends feeds and find they have a great sense of humor and can make me lol some
    3) If I have something similar in common with them such as a great weight loss story, or even being local to me
    4) If I've seen them post in the forums and they seem relatively awesome

I will send FR to men if I find them to have:

1) A similar physique to me and train like I do or I can learn from them and their regimen
    -butthurt-
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I do not send ladies FR's. If they are roughly my age or truely want to support one another then they get approval. I find myself being more inclined to send doods FR's. Anybody rocking 1980's workout gear or fanny packs go to the front of the line !
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I send them to anyone I think knows what they are doing when it comes to eating and working out, they are funny, seem like they have a good heart, might work out with me if they live here and very rarely if they are good looking cause it's nice to have something pretty to look at now and then :wink: Mostly I have them sent to me and I almost never say no except if I get no message and think you are a teenager starving yourself. I can't really help so what is the use? :ohwell:
  • tylerplaysmusic
    tylerplaysmusic Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I send a friend request, its never to do with gender. I think MFP of all places should be free of "those" kind of requests. I mean, I'm in a relationship so I probably don't see it the same way as others, but MFP is a place where I want to support and be supported with fitness goals and achievements, male or female.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    When it comes to women I have very rarely sent a FR. I have sent out about 10 total. When I do FR a woman it's because I've seen their posts and I like them, find them funny and have mutual friends. I also have sent FR's based on having similar lifestyles, like working the nightshift, geeky and nerdy related intetrests, or live in the same general area as I do.

For men I usually FR guys who need to shop in the Big & Tall section of a clothing store. :laugh: Bigger guys who have lost a bit of weight I find I can relate to them better but it doesn't mean I won't FR a guy who is always been super fit and never been 100+ lbs overweight.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Women: do you send men friend requests?

Men: what prompts you to send them?
    Back when I used to send friend requests, it was because we seemed to have something in common. I almost never sent them to women because so many think everything is gender-related. Most of my women MFP friends sent requests without messages and I never ask people why.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Women: do you send men friend requests?

Men: what prompts you to send them?

I send requests to random people that seem to be as crazy as I am :) But I am not sending out FRs just because a guy is hot. That's disturbing.
  • NoMoreStretchyPants
    Options
    If they are in my age range and look exceptionally good for their age, then yes I will. It's a lot harder to maintain your body when you're older - it's nice to compare notes!
  • kerrykezz
    kerrykezz Posts: 13
    Options
    Second day here and I've sent and received a few friend requests from men and women. I'm already feeling inspired by reading other peoples diaries.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I really don't send out many FR.... I have sent a few to the girls on my FL early on and maybe 1-2 since then.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ive accepted a lot but rarely sent any myself. im very serious about my health and getting fit as ive spent most of my adult life beyond morbidly obese, so i tend to send if i think they are genuine, motivating, dont spend their time slating everyone on the forums! and if i feel i could actually be friends with them. its hard to motivate and be motivated by someone you dont like enough to be friends with i like to know who is on my list x
  • 5walters
    5walters Posts: 32
    Options
    Gender doesn't matter to me. I think the more motivation and support the better.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't usually send friend requests to men. I don't want them to get the wrong idea. I normally send requests to women.
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    I have only sent a few FR's but they have always been based on something they have said that gives us common interests, goals or that I feel I could learn something from them. Never based on how they look.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I will send FR to someone if I find them to have:

1) An attractive fitness physique and mutual friends
    2) If I have seem them in the forums or on friends feeds and find they have a great sense of humor and can make me lol some
    3) If I have something similar in common with them such as a great weight loss story, or even being local to me
    4) If I've seen them post in the forums and they seem relatively awesome
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Just depends...if they are into things that interest me, I send a friend request. Male or Female.

Don't log in for 5 days - I boot their butt from my friend list.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    whoever asks, really. I like to help people if I can
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I haven't sent very many. When I have it was because I saw a forum post that led me to believe that there were some common I interests. I accept all requests with or without messages, male or female. I don't have a large list though. I will say, seeing the title of some of the threads on the chit chat board, I can see why some people are skittish about FR's. It's like kindergarten.
  • FahadNaseem
    FahadNaseem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I send them randomly quite often
  • TampaExPat
    TampaExPat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I send friend requests frequently to people who are looking for new friends and support. It's a lot easier to do this when you have people helping you, even if they're strangers.

I end up sending friend requests mostly to women, because they seem to make up the vast majority of users, especially on the introduction board. I'll happily friend other guys though, as long as their not the type that's strictly here to creep/hit on women, which seems to be about half the guys here.