HCG Diet. Don't hang me.

Options
Hi everyone,

so yesterday I started the HCG 1234 Diet. I've researched thtis for about two months before deciding to actually try it. I've read the good, the bad and the ugly.

My HCG 1234 drops are not the ones that only allow 500 calories. This one has two diet options for 1200 calories and than 1500 calories.

I'm starting with the 1200 calorie one and than afterwards I'll do the 1500 calorie one and add a lot more active exercise and eventually go off HCG and keep that up.

I'm just curious if anyone else has done this one and what was your results/experience?

Replies

• smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I did the HCG drops with the 500 calorie diet. It was the most terrible thing I have ever done to myself. I got horrible migraines, was starving and tired. That's probably because of the 500 calories though, not the HCG. The food you are allowed to have is bland and terrible discusting. I did lose lots of weight but gained it all back plus extra once I stopped the HCG.

I now eat 1400 calories of any type of food I want, including eating out, drinking alcohol and eating sweets, in addition to excercisign and I am losing easier than ever before!
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My thought is, why spend the money on whatever "potion" they are selling. The MFP plan works... and it works WELL... and, best of all, IT'S FREE.

Best of luck to you!

:smile:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If you were smart, you would try the 1200 or 1500 cal diet WITHOUT the drops, and save your money.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My ex husband did this and lost alot of weight.

He is actually heavier now than when before he started this HCG voodoo! So yes, he lost weight. And yes - it's back on. Money well spent for the time he was thinner if that's your thing.

I used MFP and counted calories. Weight is still off. Just my experience.

Popcorn anyone??
    tumblr_n25a6pDWt91tuky9yo1_500.gif
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    How much money does the HGC diet cost? if it's more than nothing get your money back.

Not healthy.

Lots of other option - healthier and won't cost you money (apart from the grocery bill)
  • 290toFit
    290toFit Posts: 3
    Options
    My ex husband did this and lost alot of weight.

He is actually heavier now than when before he started this HCG voodoo! So yes, he lost weight. And yes - it's back on. Money well spent for the time he was thinner if that's your thing.

I used MFP and counted calories. Weight is still off. Just my experience.

Popcorn anyone??
    tumblr_n25a6pDWt91tuky9yo1_500.gif

Yeah, I think I some how got it stuck in my head that I'll be able to keep it off after stopping HCG. I started at 290 and am at 265 and lost that in a couple of months without HCG and then I got stuck in a rut and I'm back at 271 and started looking for quick boosters to get me back on track and that's when I came across HCG.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Eating 1200 and not taking HCG would do the same thing and be cheaper.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    There's no scientific proof hCG works.

Any low calorie diet will result in weight loss. Most studies have shown that hCG has nothing to do with it.

Calories burned > calories consumed = weight loss.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    One of the many problems with the HCG diet is that it isn't sustainable. Once you stop the drops (I don't care what you say, I've known several people on HCG and it's true) the weight packs back on because you are no longer artificially diminishing your appetite: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/science-behind-hcg-diet. Even that bescrubbed w***e Dr. Oz is against it! :noway:
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/diets/hcg-diet3.htm

Also, over the counter drops aren't even legal in the US: http://www.webmd.com/diet/hcg-and-weight-loss .

You said you've researched it but it doesn't sound like you have at all. :huh:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    You're not only risking your health, but very likely tossing your money down the drain. The vast majority of the "drops" have absolutely no useful quantity of active ingredients because they are not regulated. Who knows what you are actually ingesting?! It's nothing more than a placebo.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why someone would be interested in taking a hormone that helps women develop a healthy placenta during their pregnancy?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why someone would be interested in taking a hormone that helps women develop a healthy placenta during their pregnancy?

Desperation and ignorance would be my bet.
  • darbobo
    darbobo Posts: 53
    Options
    Possible Synthetic HCG side effect are cancer and blood clotting. I think I'll stick to diet and exercise
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who did it, she was my assistant at work. Her doctor gave her the drops and told her to eat 500 calories. He gave her a list of foods to eat: Saltine crackers, plain tuna, oranges, and broccoli. That's it. She ate those four foods and took the drops for a couple months. She was passing out at work, her hair started falling out, her teeth hurt her, and she cried all the time.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    If you were smart, you would try the 1200 or 1500 cal diet WITHOUT the drops, and save your money.

i was thinking this...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

because it is is magic and helps you lose weight too?
  • Tdbrandon
    Tdbrandon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did the diet for 40 days... I stuck to the 500 cals pretty consistently. The truth is I lost about 30lbs. Somewhere around the 2nd week of the diet I was unable to even consume all 500 cals, I don't know if I was so excited by the rapid weight loss or if I decided I'd rather starve to death than eat another serving of greens :sick:

But when day 41 came and I was supposed to start the 1500 cal/day portion of diet, I ate everything that wasn't nailed down!! (LOL... seriously, Chocolate chip pancakes and bacon for like 3 days straight!) The diet is so restrictive and boring (you can only be SO creative with the options you're given) that you feel deprived and starved. Then within about 6-9 months, I had gained EVERYTHING back... plus and extra 3 lbs. Don't get me wrong, I looked pretty doggone good for the summer :bigsmile: but I'm right back here on MFP trying to work that weight BACK off.

If you have an ounce of self control (unlike me) you may be just fine and it might give you the kick start you need to continue to your weight loss goal. Plus you're doing the diet with more than double the cals I did it with, so it could DEFINITELY work and be easier to stick to.

I don't regret doing it AT ALL, I just know there's a better, tastier way to lose weight :tongue:

Good luck to you!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    The site says you can't use skincare products with oil because you will absorb it and not lose weight.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who did it, she was my assistant at work. Her doctor gave her the drops and told her to eat 500 calories. He gave her a list of foods to eat: Saltine crackers, plain tuna, oranges, and broccoli. That's it. She ate those four foods and took the drops for a couple months. She was passing out at work, her hair started falling out, her teeth hurt her, and she cried all the time.

Lordy and still people think that it's a good idea?

Reminds me of being a kid and being told if medicine tasted awful it must be good/working!
This discussion has been closed.