Nike Plus: Walk to Run

Options
I started the Nike+ "Walk to Run" program yesterday. If anyone is interested in trying it out with me, you can visit the link below or I'll try to post the schedule if needed....I did the nice, easy walk yesterday and started have some foot pain today, so I'm gonna take it really easy for a while but am still going to stay up with the program as much as possible. No pain, no gain. As my cross country coach use to say "no intensity, no victory"

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/plus/#//coach/

Replies

• solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am on the plan also. Just started week 11. I was never a runner, but this program makes it very painless to get into. Good luck.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I have pondered doing the walk to run. But at my current weight I am hesitant. I am working my way up to walking at 6kmph (3.7mph) for my whole work out. then when I get down to under 100kgs. I am going to try doing a c25k or something of the like. maybe even the walk to run nike since I have the sensor and the gps apps.

Let us know what it's like. I would be interested to know :)
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this... I'm going to give it a go starting from tomorrow...
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this... I'm going to give it a go starting from tomorrow...

Actually would you mind posting the schedule up for me? It doesn't seem to want to load on my computer...
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I have been looking for something like this. Still healing from a stress fractor in my foot, but am looking to start walking regularly and one of my goals is to eventually do a 5k (for starters). :happy:
  • rdennis1990
    rdennis1990 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Let me find a good site to get a working link to you, but for now week one is just walking 15 mins on day 1,3, & 5 and walk 5 minutes/jog 1 minute/walk 5 minutes on days 2,4, & 6

I also lift weigths on days 1, 3, & 5 and do abs on days 2, 4, & 6
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just started this myself - I was leery of jumping into a C25K due to gimpy knees. Nike's "Walk to Run" program seemed like it was very gradual and gave me something regular to do while I drop the initial weight. With work, I should be around 225 or less by the end of the 12 week program, resulting in much less stress on the knees in starting a 5K program.

The iPhone app is pretty neat, too. Lance Armstrong congratulated me on a new high time in the mile after today's walk! :huh: :wink: