New to MFP and looking for Friends for Support

Options
This one of many attempts to lose a little over 50 bs. 53 to be exact. I'm new to MFP and serious about droping these pounds...this time lol

I'm currently doing Atkins (3days in) to help me lose the weight and trying to go to the gym at least 5-6 days a week. My problem in the past for me is always losing the motivation. I'm determined to meet my goal and live a healthy life style from now on!

Please help me stay motivated! :smile:

Replies

• softshellcrabby
    softshellcrabby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiera. You can do it :) I'm looking to loose 100 lbs, and I hope to cut out dairy and gluten, and hit the gym 4 days a week. Stay strong and positive! PS - LOVE your lipstick in that photo!
  • Jnett92
    Jnett92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiera! I am day 5 of low carb and trying to lose 50lbs as well. Since we are in the same boat we can support each other. :) first tip I learned day three is if you are feeling nauseated and light headed drinking a cup of chicken broth helps soo much. Felt much better after. I am doing carb cycling so I stay under 25 carbs Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday through Sunday 125 carbs and under. So far so good. Stick with your plan, you can do it!
  • greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiera, my current goal is to lose 112 pounds. I've lost 95 pounds so far. I haven't done anything special like Atkins or cutting out a lot of stuff. What I have done is religiously count calories and track and exercise at least 5 days a week. I started by walking and moved to jogging. From October 2013-February 2014 I had a slow down period as I had major back problem and while I watied for surgery on December 10th and now the recovery process. In February the Doctor told me I could start walking on a treadmill slowly. In 3 days I get to start running again. You can do this. Stay focused, be kind to yourself but make no excuses. If you mess up fess up and move on that is not a reason for giving up.
  • nomoreyoyo67
    Options
    Feel free to add me:) I need to lose 50.
  • toovodz
    toovodz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log every day x
  • cassika1
    cassika1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Some people don't believe motivation really exists. With all my years of yo-yo dieting, what I found that works is just to take one damn day at a time. That seems to be the magic answer. Don't set goals too far and too big (not even 10 lbs.)
    I'm on Keto again. January 1st until the beginning of February I lost 14.2 lbs. But then one cheat day in combination of getting very sick turned into an entire month of cheating. Now I'm four days into Keto again and I've lost another 4 lbs. It can be done. Just focus on the day you're in. Then repeat.
  • mrsjatodd
    mrsjatodd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Over the past few years, my weight has fluctuated but thankfully it has been steadily declining since 1/2013 - woo hoo!! I would like to keep it that way - I have 24 lbs to go - so I'm open to some motivation myself. Let's unite! :-)