Partying and Maintaining

Options
13»

Replies

• cqoconnell
    cqoconnell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My new go to drink is a shot a vodka in a glass of seltzer. If it's plain seltzer, I'll add a bit of fresh lime juice. If it's flavored seltzer, no need. 64 cals for a 1oz shot and seltzer is 0 cals.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 lbs in 9 weeks and I drank probably 3x a week on average.

Gave up alcohol for Lent, so I'm not thinking about those calories anymore, but as long as you're calculating the alcohol into the 1900 calories you'll still maintain your weight.

The late night eating after drinking is what gets a lot of people. Just pre-plan your calorie days on days you know you're gonna drink a lot at night...
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Find a non-caloric method of partying. :smokin:

:)
    Ironically I found those methods of partying come with copious amounts of $7 bottles of water attached.
    I miss my 20s.

Anyhoo...back to reality.
  • erinissm
    erinissm Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in a very similar situation. I'm a bartender; so I'm around alcohol all day/night. I LOVE having a couple of drinks when out with friends; and I'm a beer or wine drinker (not really a fan of cocktails), so it makes it a bit harder. However, in response to some of the comments regarding mixed drinks.. just remember:

- ANYTHING with Soda is high calorie (even if it's diet soda!)
    - Sour Mix and Tonic are also high calorie (they're basically just sugar!)
    - All beers are high in calorie; drink light if you can.. just remember they're almost all over 100 calories, and lower in alcohol content.
    - Wine has a lot of calories also ; but there are low-calorie wines at a lot of restaurant and bars now that are a bit lower in calories.
    - Stay away from mixed drinks.. they are all high in calories and loaded with sugar.

Also, if you're like me.. you might have a habit of snacking while drinking. Remember, drinking lowers your inhibitions and impairs your judgment. My advice would be to drink a lot of water, and if you do snack.. try and keep it healthy.

Goodluck! I'm right there with you. :)
  • auntannette1
    auntannette1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As a woman who has been through what you are talking about, the important thing is to make sure you are happy about yourself and what you are doing. All of the diets and exercise regime are only going to reflect what you want for yourself.
    Pursue your goals and dreams and you will be happy. Make life "on purpose" not just by accident.
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Of course you can still party. I normally take 500 calories out from the day to allot to alcohol consumption. I'll mostly take shots, and I'll only allow myself like 1-2 mixed drinks. [I hate beer - and it's pretty high in calories - so if I were you, I'd try to avoid it.]