Anybody Trying to Slim down for Summer?

Options
Hello!

My name is Erin. I'm 24; about 5'8 and 135 lbs. My target weight at the moment is around 120, and I'd like to be more toned (especially in the stomach area). I'm trying to lose this weight by the summer, and looking for friends with similar goals as a support system. I'm brand new to MFP, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it! My main problem is I tend to drink heavily quite often (I'm a bartender.. and I love Craft Beer and live music, so tend to spend a lot of time at the bar), and sometimes overdo it with fast food.

Long story short.. I'm TRYING to eat a bit healthier (especially cutting out the fast food) and exercise a bit more. Although I am on my feet at work for most of the day nearly every day, I'd like to start doing more abdominal exercises and cardio.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I look forward to speaking with you all; and would love to make some new internet buds along the way. :)

Replies

• Christinelmt78
    Options
    I want to lose a few pounds by summer, and yes my belly is my problem area.. I do a total body exercise with light weights.. I just go on you tube and so the fit sugar videos.. They are really good and target the whole body.. There are a few 40 min. Videos then there are a ton of 10 minute videos that you can choose and put together yourself .. Like they have 10 minute legs and butt then you could pair it with the 10 min arms and 10 min abs.. They are challenging but they give you modifications for most of the moves.. I found if you cut down on white bread, my belly seems to have gone down more.. Feel free to add me.. Stay focused and if you have to go the fastfood route, maybe being too busy with work., there are healthier fast food choices.. I tend to go for Wendy's chili, low calorie, low fat and high in fiber..
  • Christinelmt78
    Options
    I too love to have some beers on the weekend.. Especially in the summer when it's warm, but that's the only time I have them is on the weekends.. When I'm strict on stick to my calories during the week, I allow myself to have a few on the weekends and it never affected my weight loss, ( I never gained weight the following week from having a few) alcohol does slow your metabolism so that's why I only have it on the weekends.. Everything in moderation
    Pp
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for Summer '15! :laugh:
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to tone up my stomach area by this summer too. I started running a few times a week and I have also been doing a plank challenge this month to work on toning my abs. My biggest problem is actually getting myself motivated to go to the gym and staying away from junk food. Chocolate is my weakness!!!!