How can I get rid of stretch marks when slimming down?

Options
I think this is the appropriate variet category for this question. Anyway, if any has gotten rid of them or knows how to, any tips would be appreciated :-)

Replies

• tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try bio oil. They may not go away completely but that helps them fade.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    its impossible to make them completely disappear but they fade over time. I used palmer's massage lotion for stretch marks to help mine fade faster. they are still there but they are almost the same color as the rest of my skin so they aren't as noticeable.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you want to prevent stretchmarks, there are several products for this. If you already have them and they are still red, ask a dermatologist, there are many products that claim they work, but very few that actual do anything and the ones who can really make them disappear and not just fade, they are expensive (products used for scar healing after surgery). If they are white scars already, they cannot disappear, not without surgery.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have lots of stretch marks and extra skin sometimes I feel bad about it but I just remember not that many people will ever see me naked and I look a hell of a lot better in clothes. I have yet to find a way to get rid of stretch marks but they are skin color because they are no longer being stretched so they are a lot less noticeable.

edit: correct some of the typos :)
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! I wanna know too.
  • atse_
    atse_ Posts: 5
    Options
    To avoid stretch marks, lose weight gradually.
  • Happyhellybell
    Happyhellybell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They will take a VERY long time, but after having kids i used lavendar oil in a carrier oil and within 3 days the bright red colour from them had gone and now i'm just left with silver lines.. They're a bit sucky but whether they're from children or losing weight, they both come from a success story :)
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    To avoid stretch marks, lose weight gradually.
    Streaches marks are from gaining weight not from losing it, no matter how fast or slow you lose.
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can get stretch marks from gaining and losing weight. Not only that but you can even get them with simply going through puberty and getting bigger. The best way to avoid them is drinking lots of water so you skin is very elasticated and stretchy. For stretchmarks i got in pregnancy on my sides i used cocoa butter, coconut oil and bio oil and honestly? The best cure is time. They fade and are alot less noticeable. If you want to do something to prevent them then drink water, lose weight gradually and use bio oil and keep your skin moisturized.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are scars, you can't get rid of them. (without surgery) But with time they do fade and become less noticeable. Almost everyone has them, I wouldn't let it get to you.