Superskinny Me The Race to Size Double Zero

Options

Replies

• smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting, I just finished watching and it was a bit of an eye opener for me, i think maybe I am starting to become a bit too obsessive. Why is it so hard to be totally happy with your "goal weight" whatever that is. I don't have an eating disorder (I love food too much) but definately still don't think I'm skinny, maybe I am?
  • marsbar_0789
    Options
    bump i want to be able to watch this when i get home
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Wow - it's incredible what they put themselves through to get that small. I honestly can't imagine putting myself through that, I'd rather have the energy to live my life than fit into a tiny size.
  • dizzle2209
    Options
    Speaking of diet shows, there's also a British show called "Supersize vs. Superskinny" (a bunch of episodes are on YouTube like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjnxoyvzCKI). It's really an interesting series because you see both extremes...makes you really realize that it's not about the size, it's about being healthy!
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    bump so I can watch later.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flynabster
    Options
    Very interesting, thanks for sharing.....
  • larousse_37
    Options
    I wish they used #'s that I understood. What does 10 stone 4lbs mean? And obviously their size 12 is not the same as an American size 12. I am 5'10 and a size 12 and I am thicker than the girl at 5'7 size 12. Sigh.

The sizing system is different in the uk and australia.. The smallest side usually available is a size 6 (us size 2) size 8 is a us 4, size 10 is a us 6, size 12 is a us 8 and so on :-)
  • francesstewart1
    Options
    Glad you all enjoyed it. I also found it very sad, and imagine living on 250 cals or the time when the girl ate 800 and worked off 1000 - that is just mental. I really enjoyed their reactions at the end esp the girl who complted it and said she would never do it again!!! Good for her. And dont you think they both looked a miliion times older in the face that before they started?? Esp the dark haired girl - im sorry but she looked horrible the further throught the experiement she got!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Which one was this, the Louise Redknapp one (she's blonde and married to a footballer, used to be in a girl band I think, has a kid or two) or Dawn Porter (dar hair, does a lot of these random documentaries)?
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i believe louis is so hot the one in the black bikini and freezing water she looks perfect the way she is
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    VERY VERY disturbing! Not to mention disgusting.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I swear I'm the only guy that actually watched this. I found it scary how easily she dropped into the realm of eating disorder. Watching that really makes me want to go back to pizza and chips!
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    I watched this a few years back. I remember one had to give up because she got so ill and the other got down to a size 2 (or something like that.)
    it was interesting to watch but I certainly wouldn't put my body or my family through that. It's about being healthy, not about what size you are.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Sorry, missed your reply.
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    *bump* for later
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That was kind of crazy how one of the women was fine with it and was able to return to normal afterward and the other had underlying food issues that triggered her to actually relapse into disordered eating.