I want to lose weight, but I don't want to lose my curves :/

Options
2»

Replies

• orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Youll keep the curves I promise! I'm an hourglass too. Whatever my breasts are my hips are and my waist is always 10 inches smaller :) The curves will stay the numbers will just get smaller.
  • MatchaCookie
    Options
    Im an hourglass as well (36,26,37), and Im very worried about losing my curves. Everytime I lose a bit of weight is goes from my bust first!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine. I can't imagine that you'll go from an hourglass figure, to a bean poll look. I think you'll keep some of your natural shape. I'm just about 5"8 tall, 135 lbs, 34 chest, 27 waist, and 32 hips.
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    I am a whopping 8lbs away from where I started, and still have 18 extra pounds on me from the last point I liked my "curves"(I had a kid, so I went from hips and bust to my main curve being my sad stomach). That being said, as an especially curvy lady I can say that so far things are keeping their proportions pretty well. My chest was the first place to lose an inch or two, but my hips have caught up since. A lot of my shape however comes from my bone structure, I have a very pronounced rib cage, and while I have a narrow pelvis (inspite of a kid too, that was exciting for me actually) my hip bones are very pronounced so much so after such a small loss I can get a good grip on them now.
    If your curves aren't just blubber and actually have support underneath in either muscle or bone structure I'm sure they'll be fine:)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have lost 41lbs...my profile pic along with the one in my LBD as you can see I have curves.

My measurment in june were

41.5 Chest
    33 waist
    41 Hips

Can't get much more hour glass than that...

I am now

Same ratio...25lbs less pounds.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you're the type that stores fat around the mid section, weight loss will enhance the hour glass look. Your hips are pretty much "preset" but you can work the upper back for a broader "V" like most men do.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You will retain your hour glass. Apple. Pear shape. Etc. You will just be a smaller one.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You're going to be beautiful on both ends of your journey. I can't tell you what will happen, but I do tend to think our basic body shapes don't change, just get larger or smaller. You may have less exaggerated curves, or you may have more exaggerated curves.

But 100lbs is a huge difference. There's no real telling what you'll look like after that, but if you lose in a sustainable, healthy way you will be more energetic and able to enjoy your body more! I think that you'll be happy with the way you look. It'll take you some time to get there, so enjoy the changes and feel good about yourself :)
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I got way, way curvier as I lost weight. Before, I was apple shaped and my hips weren't defined at all. Now, my chest is about 8 inches bigger than my waist, and my hips are 10 inches bigger than my waist! Apparently, loads of weight came off from my belly.
    I love my new shape!

I imagine since you're already quite curvy that you'll maintain that, even though everything will shrink - it will all be proportionate. You may lose more around your chest, but the size of your hips is based on your skeletal structure.
    [
    Did you lift weight during your weight loss journey?
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    I have an hourglass shape, before I started my diet, I had curves, but my fat rolls (muffin top) Prevented my curves to show. Now that I'm a bit thinner, my curves have gotten "curvyer" lol and my fat rolls have decreased. It's worth it do lose some weight, even if you have curves.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You won't. Your measurements will be smaller, but the shape will remain.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    You are a typical hourglass, which is very rare! I would imagine that when you lose weight your measurements won't be so extreme but I don't think you will lose your natural shape. Your hips and bust may get small but your waist will too.

I agree. I have a similar body shape and am lucky I tend to gain or lose everywhere. I think most people stay pretty much the same shape when they lose.
  • cherylbileau
    cherylbileau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have lost 116 pounds in just under 2 years. Your "curves" will remain although they change some. It is hard to explain. I will warn you of some unpleasant side effects of extreme weight loss. Many people (myself included) although not all, experience a ridiculous amount of hanging excess skin so mentally be aware that there is a chance that can happen. I look fine in clothing but outside of clothing it is not pretty. No amount of weight lifting will help it either, and my doctor agrees.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    wants to lose weight without changing measurements…*facepalm*
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Wants to lose weight without changing *proportions* is probably more accurate.
    I started at 240lbs with a hip/waist ratio of 0.71 and I am 168lbs now with EXACTLY THE SAME ratio. In the last year I lost 5 inches off my waist and 7.5 inches off my hips.

I'm proportionately the same, but a lot smaller.
  • xNausicaa
    xNausicaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options

If it wasn't obvious, I want to lose some of my measurements. If you read again, I'm worried about losing my curves, particularly my hip area. I know I'll lose inches (I want to) I just don't want to lose my shape
  • Trying2Recover
    Options
    I've lost 50lbs:-

43/44" chest
    34.5" waist
    44/45" hips

Now:-
    39.5" chest
    29.5-30" waist.
    40/41" hips.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I started this journey an hourglass at 163 pounds. I was 39-29-40.

Now with 23 pounds down I am 36-27-36. So I've lost it to an extent, but I'm very happy with the results. A general rule of thumb is wherever you store the most fat is where you will lose it most.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I lost 77 lbs and believe me I still have plenty of curves!