Weigh more during your period?

Options
13»

Replies

• shopperdisguise
    shopperdisguise Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! Stupid period! I usually gain the week before because I want to eat everything in sight. It sucks, I do so great for 2 weeks out of the month then struggle just to maintain for the other 2 weeks because I gain so much before I start then struggle to lose it after I start. :(

This is ME!
  • dq_14
    dq_14 Posts: 8
    Options
    I figured I weighed a few pounds more a few days before my period until it's over, and decided not to weigh in during my period because it's just nerve wrecking and it's not even real weight gain. Still, I had doubts about whether it was just me or if that's true for everyone. Thanks for bringing that up!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    the week before tom (pms week) I gain about two lbs or so. I hate it but it happens every single month. soon as I get my first day of cycle... I lose that. I just try to limit the empty carbs, sugar and up my fiber and protein during pms week and of course drink tons of water. its a fact of life unfortunately. I hate the scale pms week. it helps me to keep a track of my monthly cycle on a windows 8 app right on my computer.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have gained 2 pounds over the last week, and today is the last day of my period.

Hoping for a big drop in the next few days. Please body, please. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

:P
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Every month. About 3-5 lbs.. I hate it
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Since I've been tracking my weight for almost 6 months, I discovered that I gain about 1-2 pounds when it's my TOM. It's not much but it's clearly happening because the following week I usually have a nice rebound on the scale. Thank goodness.
  • chandra2802
    chandra2802 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have an IUD.. and because my body is always a bit different i start feeling the begining of my period a week or more before i start... thats when the bloating starts.. its amazing after you have lost some weight you really feel the difference when you have some water retention. anyways... i feel bloated and you can see the water weight on the scale till about the last day or two of my actual period.. and then all the sudden my weight just drops. Everyones body is different. Thats why its good to do meausrements and keep a log.. quickly you start to see a patteren.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You lost on your period ............ WOW that would never happen to me!

I am normally a good few lbs up, and crave carbs and rubbish when on too : (
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have gained 2 pounds over the last week, and today is the last day of my period.

Hoping for a big drop in the next few days. Please body, please. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

:P

And today my weight dropped 2 pounds.
  • zerohdog
    zerohdog Posts: 2
    Options
    I seem to be atypical, I gain during the last couple of days and the few days after my period, about 5-8 lbs on average, but then it seems to go away in a few days ..