Nutella vs Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Lotus makes a cookie spread that is yummy made out of Biscoff cookies.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I think peanut butter is healthier in the sense that it has protein and some vitamins in it. Niacin is a vitamin that comes to mind. I am not saying Nutella is bad, but it seems to me that peanut butter is more nutrient dense. Nutella is very very good ( although I haven't had it in YEARS ) but I don't think it is very nutrient dense.

But I say if you like it, then eat it. Some people don't like peanut butter. I think calories are similar in both. Peanut butter may be less by 10 or 20 calories.

I used to eat both frequently back in high school. What's really good is when you make a sandwich with both of them on, although its very high in calories. I've only done that a couple times in my life.

You can also dip fruits and crackers in Nutella as well.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Skip both and buy Trader Joe's Cookie Butter or Biscoff Cookie Spread. :P

OMG yes. The Trader Joe's Cocoa & Cookie Butter Swirl is ridiculously delicious.

My husband and I tasted it for the first time yesterday and for a moment we 'seriously' considered sharing the entire jar in lieu of going out for his birthday dinner LOL
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Nutella is sugar. They did an analysis and there are an average of only 13 hazelnuts per jar. WTF? That means the rest of it is just added fat and sugars. Fiber? Non existent.

Now, in the other jar... Peanut butter is required to be at least 50% peanuts to earn the name (most higher quality PBs are 85+% peanuts). It contains fiber and protein, mono unsaturated fats, and next to no sugar (if it's the natural stuff).

If you want the best of both worlds, I recommend Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams. The benefits of PB with the nutty chocolate taste that is good for a treat but with a third the sugar as Nutella.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella and I hate peanut butter bleurgh!! I only eat it now and again
  • LipglossandLunges
    LipglossandLunges Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter and coconut spread by Earth balance. Its certified organic and vegan friendly (not that a lot of you care about those details lol)

I would think nutella has more sugar…but I've never really compared it to your typical kraft pb or whatever….sorry for the lack of help, I tried aha
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You need both for a full and happy life :)
  • mjones6599
    mjones6599 Posts: 129
    Options
    OMG Nutella is soooo good, it must be the spawn of Satan!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    not close..Nutella is full of sugar... compared to pb.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I can't eat nutella anymore, so natural PB all the way!
  • CassandraEldridge
    CassandraEldridge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nutella is super sweet... if your a chocolate lover super good. Peanut butter is healthier according to the label.

I just found PB2 and I love it. I used it for a PB sandwich and as a dip for my fruit. Love love love.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Nutella is sweet, peanut butter is not as sweet. neither is a wonderful choice but if you try to take my peanut butter from me I will go full out Decepticon on you. I love Nutella, but no contest it's always peanut butter.
  • rosiewantsaburger
    Options
    I'm nut-tellin you :smokin:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I don't think nutella is healthier at all, it's just different. I'm not sure where you're getting your sugar content from though, unless your listed serving size is higher. Here the serving size is listed as 15g and that has 8.5g sugar, which is still higher than the PB I have (0.8g sugar per 15g) Nutella does have slightly less calories though than the PB (82 v 93 per 15g)

I'm not really a big fan of peanut butter tbh, I find it very sticky and it gets all weird to eat because it's going everywhere (sticking to the root of my mouth etc) It's nice, but not something I love to have.

I'm not all that big on chocolate either, but I quite like nutella. I have it pretty much everyday - not because I love the stuff that much, but because it makes my porridge taste better. I don't like porridge plain and it's nicer than just adding sugar. I usually use just under a tablespoon stirred in (~25g)

I think they're very good at marketing nutella, however I wouldn't call it healthy or unhealthy as it depends on your goals and whether it fits those (like most foods) If you compare it with other chocolate spreads, yes it's generally better. Less calories/sugar and more protein/fibre.
  • lean712
    lean712 Posts: 2
    Options
    I find Nutella to be entirely too sweet for me. So my choice is peanut butter always.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've never had Nutella... After reading some of these comments, I feel like I'm missing out! I think I'll stick to natural pb. It seems like Nutella is as addictive as crack & I def don't need that!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is just nuts. So it does have better macros and more nutrients. Nutella is good as a treat, on ice cream, and I use it as birthday cake frosting. I don't like most frosting, but nutella is a much better frosting. They do market it as healthy, but it's a treat (which is fine in moderation).
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    So, I've been reading a little about Nutella as a healthier alternative to peanut butter. It seems Nutella has 21g per serving of sugar in it and generally more calories. Anyone eat Nutella regularly? What are your thoughts? Is Nutella just good at marketing or is it healthy?

Don't you guys remember the California mom who sued the company? She sued for false advertising - that the brand wasn't healthy.

She won and 'settled' for 3 million dollars!!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    NU. TE. LLA.
  • autotek
    autotek Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    PEA NUT BUTTER FOR THE WIN :bigsmile:
    NU. TE. LLA.