Who has lost weight without cutting carbs?

Options
As the title says -- who here has successfully lost weight without cutting carbs, and how long did it take you? What was your diet and exercise plan like?

I've searched through these forums a bit to find another like this and have only found similar posts asking who has lost weight without cutting carbs but no one mentioned how long it took them, which I think is pretty important!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• rworton
    rworton Posts: 28
    Options
    Eating what I want but staying within calorie limits, when I work out I eat back those calories too and working out 3 to 5 times a week-lost 32 pounds since 12/27/13
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 40 pounds doing more or less exactly what rworton said. Took me around a year.
  • stephaniestocklas9
    stephaniestocklas9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to lose more but I have not cut carbs to lose weight. Down 31lbs so far. I've been going since mid September 2013. I don't follow any specific diet, just eat what I want in moderation. I eat a lot of egg and cheese on muffins though and tend to eat a lot of chicken-rice-broccoli when I don't know what to make. Today I'm having sweet potato and black bean chili. I didn't start out exercising regularly but I am on Day 36 of the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge which you can find on Facebook. It alternates some body weight training and cardio days six days a week. I'm a little less than 20lbs away from goal weight but this may change because I really want to start building some muscle and I need to work on my protein intake.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I've lost 62 in a little over 12 months, eating what I want in proper portions and not cutting out a single thing I love. Which heavily includes carbs especially pasta!! I could have lost more but I kind of fell off the wagon for a few months around Back To School time for my kids and didn't find it again till the end of December.
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    As I didn't have a lot of weight to lose to start with, using a calorie deficit of 200-300kcals and working out 2 times a week (not counting 40 minutes walk everyday to and from work), I lost over 10lbs in 3 months. I love carbs, and ate EXACTLY what I would have normally eaten, only in smaller quantities and cut down on pudding (because more often than not, it would take me over my calorie goal, no other reason).
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I lost 55lbs and over 24inches off my body in 9-10 months. I worked out 5 days a week all I did was run on my elliptical and do yoga for weight loss. I just logged my food and ate my 12000 calories a day. I always had a balanced diet of all food groups lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proper portions is key as well. I also just cut out all fast foods and I stopped eating so much processed foods and stopped drinking beer and pop.

Hope this helps, Cheers :drinker:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I started last January (2013) as you can see I've lost a little bit of weight.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I actually upped my carbs to 40% and downed fat and pro to 30 each. My ticker doesn't show that I have lost 12 pounds so far because I have reset my starting and goal weight to adjust my calories.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Same as here for what the people above me are saying. I didn't do any specific diet, just moderation and increased my daily activity. Good luck!
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    this guy
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have lost 92 pounds or so eating whatever I want just less of it. I lost 20 before joining MFP but have lost 72 since last July just by counting Calories.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It took me 18 months to lose 98lbs eating pretty much what I wanted as long as I stayed at a slight deficit. Didn't really do much exercise either. (My ticker says 72lb lost because I just had a baby!) Good luck :smile:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I started January 2013 have lost a little and only 1 low carb day and that was yesterday and it was miserable, but I only did it because of a medical procedure for today. The rest of the time, I just eat smaller portions of what I used to eat.... and it seems to be working just fine.
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've not cut anything out. My diet philosophy is "All things in moderation." Been logging for 658 days. :)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    but no one mentioned how long it took them, which I think is pretty important!

This is not important at all, unless you have a medical reason for needing to lose weight fast. Faster weight loss does not equal better weight loss. :smile:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have also lost just counting calories, eating less (a lot less) of everything.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want and that includes mostly carbs. I started in December 15th 2013 and I've lost a total of 24 pounds so far, so 24 pounds in three months. As long as you meet your calorie goal you can eat anything you want.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Another person who lost by eating what I want but less of it signing in. 20 lbs down since 1/6. And I haven't even been that aggressive with it.

I tried the low carb thing last year and was miserable the entire 2 months I kept it up. I got to the point where I was having vivid dreams about eating bread and bagels and other baked treats. I was also cranky and miserable to be around. Worst part, I didn't even lose that much weight.

So carbs are back in my life and I am so happy!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Down 52 lbs. No carb cutting here ... mix is about 45% carbs, 25% protein, 30% fats
    Carbs are all whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, oats, etc), beans or vegs. No white carbs. No sugar.

So, in essence, I have cut out "refined carbs".
  • sausens
    sausens Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    During the last 18 months I've lost 25 kgs (55 lbs) without cutting carbs and often treating myself with what ever I currently want.