Protein Powder

Options
2»

Replies

• beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Kinetica, it's Irish made, think it can be got in the UK too,
    it's got raw coconut oil in it and they add digestive enzymes to it also, really good blend.
    It's extra microfiltered to remove more lactose, I'm not supposed to have dairy and I don't have any problems.
    I do mix it up and I use Sunwarrior raw vegan vanilla too.
    I like both.
    Both mix really well in a shaker.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Please shut up about saying you can eat enough protein & get it through regular food sources...

YES...you can but I would rather not be eating 4+ chicken breasts a day.

Plus after a heavy lifting session I do NOT want to be eating a chicken breast or sandwich 15-20 minutes after working out so I supplement with a protein powder.

I currently am using BSN Syntha-6. Good protein, mixes well, tastes great, 30g/150cal/BCAA's all that good stuff.

It's good for recovery, weight loss, muscle growth and nutrition (hitting protein numbers) http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/synth.html

Before I picked that up I was using Optimum Nutrition's HydroBUILDER & HydroWHEY.
  • apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I currently use Growing Naturals Rice Protein Isolate in Vanilla flavor. It's a little pricery but it has 24 grams Vegan Protein per serving, an Excellent Amino Acid Profile, Sprouted & Enzymatically Processed, Soy & Corn-Free, Dairy & Lactose-Free, Low Sodium, High Bioavailability, High Absorption, Cholesterol-Free, Kosher. I can't do dairy or soy so this is perfect. I add it to my green smoothies every morning and it keeps me full for hours. It's also decent as a meal replacement on it's own, although when not blended it can be a little chalky. However, I think it's such a high quality powder that I put up with the slight chalkiness.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    There's more than one way to skin a cat, no one way is the only right way. I'd prefer to eat my protein and enjoy it. Would I put tuna in my pancakes? Hell no, I would go to IHOP and have the real deal, all 10,000 calories of it, not no artificial pancakes. It didn't take a powder to gain all that weight, why should you take a powder to lose it =) I've found better luck finding food at a price per gram of protein LOWER than a jug of whey etc. Drink and be hungry, or eat and be happy.
  • amylynnadelman
    Options
    I am a huge fan of AboutTime protein powder. http://tryabouttime.com/shop/
  • Spooky_Scully
    Spooky_Scully Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard.

Currently trying some bodytech(vitamin shoppe brand) stuff because it was 30 bucks for 100 servings.

Every time this topic comes up, ON Gold Standard gets recommended. I use it, too - the double rich chocolate flavor is pretty good, and not that expensive.

Agreed, Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey is good stuff! I started off buying protein powder in a pretty package because the big containers of protein powders looked really scary and meant for body builders, haha. Didn't take me long to realise it was the same product in a different package, so now I buy ON Gold Standard - the coconut chocolate is so yummy!
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Kaizen Whey Protein - Vanilla Ice Cream flavour we get it at Costco.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I also use About TIme protein powder! Its all natural and has the least amount of additives.
    100 cals
    no carbs
    1 mg of chol
    41 mg of salt
    25 g of protein per scoop

They have a ton of flavors. The only thing I dont care for is the chocolate. I like rich dark chocolate and their chocolate is bland. I mix it with greek yogurt for breakfast before I work out. I take in over 130 grams of protein a day and trying to fit that in my macros without eating a ton is impossible. This works for me.

Oh and Muscletech made me sick with cramping really bad!! Something with the digestive enzyme complex.
  • autotek
    autotek Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Why do you need powder? Just eat fish, chicken and nuts?

Because it tastes like chocolate and its guilt free? yummy way to meet your protein goals.
    anyway i was using muscle tech and it made me BLOAT. some people are talking about ISO 100. think I'm gonna give it a try

might want to give this a try
    bodybuilding.com - ultimate mass lean mass gainer matrix