B12 Lipotropic Injections?

Options

Replies

• Leedavis1959
    Options
    I've taken my second shot and doing good. I've lost around 5 pounds since February 16. I have a shake in the morning, portioned lunch and light dinner. Snack I eat fruit or Greek yogurt . I'm truly never hungry but I eat . The pills do dry my lips. I have to drink lots of water and keep lip balm on my lips . I got my shots and pills at a wellness clinic. They had a groupon online. I have more energy without jitters. So far I'm very happy with the program. I'm starting to see the difference in my body.
  • ggilbert95
    ggilbert95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been doing b12 lipotropic injections for 3 months. No weight change, no body fat loss.
  • deaconfred
    Options
    I have never tried or even ever heard of lipotropic injections until the other day when I purchased a Groupon for these type of injections. I'll check it out and let everybody know how it goes.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    They can't be just using B12. I have to inject B12 as I can't digest it through my gastro system, and it's just a vitamin. Not being able to digest it can be deadly, so it's crucial and all (as are most vitamins), but there has to be more going on here.

I'd be very afraid. Injectables for fat loss don't have a good track record for safety (well, they caused scarring and discoloration and permanent lumps, etc).

My B12 shots don't even give me extra energy (and I take a lot to store in the muscle for use). They did at first, after becoming deathly ill from malabsorption, lol! Now, if you think you might be low on B12 or have a bit of malabsorption (quite possible), a nice sublingual tablet would probably do you very nicely. Just make sure your folate is normal first.

Y'all be careful!

I take B12 for this condition also (Perniceous Anaemia) and have done so for 20 years. I'd seriously question the relevance of it for weightloss though, during the past 20 years i've been skinny, curvy, slim, chubby...all of those states due to over/under consumption of food.
  • n2disney
    n2disney Posts: 1
    Options
    I have never heard of this - Do you inject yourself or are they "prescribed" by a licensed physician. I am really struggling to lose weight even though I eat pretty healthy. Let's just say menopause stinks!!!
  • Leedavis1959
    Options
    I started on February 16th and as of today I have lost 10 lbs. Menopause does stink and nothing else seemed to help me. I can really tell the difference. I give myself the shots, however my healthcare provider would give them to me if I wished. I just did not want to take off work once a week to get the shot. My shot's are prescribed by a wellness clinic. I am also taking a weight loss pill prescribed with the shotl. I have not done alot of exercising recently but I am starting a routine to build up my muscles and firm up. I am 5.3 and 156. My bmi is 27, which is still to high for my size. I plan on losing more and getting my bmi down to the normal 25. I'm getting there.....I do agree on one thing people are saying. You have to learn to control what you eat. This medicine helps you lose because you are not hungry. I make myself eat and use portion control so that when I get off the medicine, I can keep the weight off. If you don't, you will lose but once you are off the medicine it will be open season on eating and then you are stuck back to where you started. Women like us going through menopause seem to have no metabolism no matter what you do. I will post again in a couple of weeks. Good luck!
  • feebagpuss
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this web site. I searched google for these injections and read the posts....wow so does this really work? Do you have to be over a certain weight? I live in Spain. I have been trying to find a clinic/dr who administers these but no joy. Does anyone know where in Spain I can get these please. Any help would be great. Thanks all in advance
  • catpuska
    catpuska Posts: 1
    Options
    There is a Living Social deal right now at Doctor's Weight Loss off Onion Creek!
  • Lulizzle
    Lulizzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does it work as effectively without taking the phentermine with it?
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit unnerved that people are getting injected with something they bought via Groupon.
  • klynnrobbins
    Options
    so i just started the b12 lipo injections today. i am hoping i can drop a few pounds,friends call me crazy but before i had my daughter i haven't been able to go back down to 115 110. so I'm pretty determined I've been eating pretty well so I'm hoping it works for me! i hope i lose weight in the right places haha
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have gotten B12 shots for years, they do provide a minor boost to mood/energy, I receive them because they seem to help my migraines. I also was naturally thin getting them and gained my weight while getting them and now losing my weight getting them. So the B12 in my opinion has zero to do with weight. Not sure about the other component.
  • tsanabia
    tsanabia Posts: 1
    Options
    Bull crap I have been doing the lipo 7 shots for three weeks, not one pound lost!!!!!!!! I run 4 miles 4x's a week and watch every single calorie I take in. I have only a 20 more lb weight loss and I am stuck on a platue. Any ideas to help me!
  • cpdash
    cpdash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For the comment about GROUPON, you just get a discount with the coupon not the injections! You get the injections from Medical doctors..

Tsanabia, how many calories are you eating? They tell me that some people do not lose if they exercise too much.

I have been getting the B12/B6 injections weekly now for 7 weeks today. Some people get the Phentermine to suppress appetite and others like myself are taking amino acids before meals and Calcium Pyruvate after meals. It does include strict diet, no carbs, and 700 calories of protein and alot of green vegs are free and then you are allowed 200 cal in others. Can have nuts and two fruits (low sugar) each week. I weighed in today and have lost 20 lbs! The Shots are to give you energy and to keep you from getting depressed and to not give up on the diet like you normally would. I miss my potatoes and cheese but I have never seen this kind of progress without much effort. No exercise for me at all.

If you are in Alb or Rio Rancho, the place that has this prog is Fit Medical Weightloss program. They, real medical doctors, do alot of blood work, ekg etc before they will let you do the program. I love the success! Try it!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why my bariatric physician offers them. In fact it's included in the price of my monthly visit. I tried it one time; the gal that gave it to me stabbed me with it. I didn't see the point of taking it anyways. I don't get them anymore. But I know a lot of my doctor's patients come in once or twice a week for the B12-lipo injections. Not me.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    Interesting to note that this thread is nearly a year old and many of the posters extolling wonders of B12 injections for weight loss have not been back to post of their continued success.

I work in a Dr's surgery - we have many patients on B12 injections - mostly for pernicious anemia and a few for CFS.
    None for weight loss.

The patients are a mixture of shapes and sizes - by no means is everyone on B12 injections slim or even a healthy weight.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    I don't understand why my bariatric physician offers them. In fact it's included in the price of my monthly visit. I tried it one time; the gal that gave it to me stabbed me with it. I didn't see the point of taking it anyways. I don't get them anymore. But I know a lot of my doctor's patients come in once or twice a week for the B12-lipo injections. Not me.

Do you mean why he offers them after bariatric surgery?

I would imagine it is because such surgery interferes with normal absorption of B12 - therefore to avoid patients becoming anaemic, they need the injections.
  • paperpudding
    Options

I have been getting the B12/B6 injections weekly now for 7 weeks today. Some people get the Phentermine to suppress appetite and others like myself are taking amino acids before meals and Calcium Pyruvate after meals. It does include strict diet, no carbs, and 700 calories of protein and alot of green vegs are free and then you are allowed 200 cal in others. Can have nuts and two fruits (low sugar) each week. I weighed in today and have lost 20 lbs! The Shots are to give you energy and to keep you from getting depressed and to not give up on the diet like you normally would. I miss my potatoes and cheese but I have never seen this kind of progress without much effort. No exercise for me at all.

You don't think maybe the strict diet was what caused the weight loss and this alone would of done it without the injections??
  • cpdash
    cpdash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The injections and amino acids are to ensure you have the energy to be able to eat less calories. They also help suppress your appetite. They have helped stop my intense cravings for sugary items as well. No, I do not think I could eat the low calories without the injections and supplements. Maybe some people could... The injections do not melt your fat, they just help you get through it.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Do you mean why he offers them after bariatric surgery?

I would imagine it is because such surgery interferes with normal absorption of B12 - therefore to avoid patients becoming anaemic, they need the injections.

No that is not what I mean A Bariatric Physician is just a weight loss doctor. (I thought it was a surgeon too!). My doctor offers this injection to all her patients that go to the clinic. I have asked people in the waiting room why they get this injection. They say "It gives me energy."

I got the injection once. The gal giving me the injection stabbed me so hard with the needle that it hurt like a son of a b. And I didn't see that it did anything. In my opinion it is probably a bunch of hooey.