how did you find mfp?

Options

Replies

• KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My sister told me back in FEB, I was at my wits ends about why I couldnt lose anymore weight. I gave up for almost 8 months and gain back 15lbs of the 70 I lost before. When she told me about it, and it took me a month to sigh up cause I knew or I thought I would have no other choice to get off my *kitten* again. At that point I didnt give a hoot but she kept on asking if I saw the site yet and so I gave it a try and I was blown away with the amount of support and everytime I log in my foods I finally understood what was going on. That gave me the inpiration and drive to start over again and now I've been hook every since. So far I have lost 101 lbs. And feels really greatful that I signed up and of course greatful to my sister who is going to read this...lol
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I tried many sites to keep track of my fitness and food but only one i kept! Guess which one!
  • Malb3
    Malb3 Posts: 4
    Options
    I found it through my phone apps and a friend also lead me to it.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I read a story in Family Circle about a lady in Oregon that lost over 100 pounds and one of the things that she used was myfitnesspal.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My brother and sister in law are here and told me about it.....thank you brother!!! This is a wonderful tool to use
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    awesome job, keep going
    My brother and sister in law are here and told me about it.....thank you brother!!! This is a wonderful tool to use
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I was at the dentist's office with my husband (fiance at the time) and reading a magazine. There was an article in the magazine about a girl who photographed and blogged her food every day for a year and managed to drop a clothing size. At the end of the article, there was a list of websites, mostly blogs women write on what they eat, etc.. but there was one website there for people who want to track what they eat, and it was MFP. I made a note in my phone and joined that day. I had been using another website but it was American and since I moved to the UK, it was getting harder and harder for me to use it. I come here every day now, and hardly go back to that site.
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Searched for Calorie counting apps on my phone. A few days later decided to see if there was a website.
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I used ivillage a long time ago, and when I decided to get serious again and went back to it it was all changed and not friendly.... someone on there was blogging about MFP and here I am.....I love it.....I tell EVERYONE about it, even my doctor when I went for my annual, so now he tells everyone too.......
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    awesome job, keep going

Thank you!! I am doing better then what I ever thought I would :laugh:

Mary
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My dietician recommended it
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I was just browsing apps on my phone. I was already into losing weight / being more active and I kept reading that people who kept a list of what they ate / tracked their calories weighed significantly less than those who don't and I was like okay I need this. Started tracking that next day and have every day since then. MFP is like the only thing that has ever worked for me. I was so lucky to find it.
  • donnahembree
    donnahembree Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I waslooking for nutritional information for Mooyah Burger's and this website came up. I think that this is going to be a great tool to help me win this time.
  • chanda_orion
    Options
    I found the app in Android Market after doing a google search for the best free android apps. I just recently got a new cell phone and have been introduced to apps. Love the mobile tracking and have just started checking things out on the website.

Chanda
  • molina76853
    Options
    I was just browsing the net for weightloss tips and found this site. I reallyenjoy it and it keeps me accountable.
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    If I remember right, a year ago the iPhone MFP app was highlighted in Apple's ads for the iPhone and iPods. I downloaded it right away, started tracking my food RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON and have had a year of great success. I've logged food while away on vacation (including overseas), checked calorie counts before ordering in restaurants and logged food in the car on the way home from dinner at friends.

And I'm really inspired by the people here who persist through all sorts of life challenges. This is a great site!
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    I was using Loseit on my iPhone but it seemed like it was missing lots of calorie information. I would search google for calorie information and it kept bringing me to this site, so I decided to try loseit and MFP side by side for awhile. Within 3 days I made the switch completely and have never looked back. MFP seems to me like it is hands down better.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Google... Calorie Counter search
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I heard about this on The Knot Wedding forum - someone had mentioned the success they had on their weightloss journey, and how MFP played a great role in this. I've been on here for a few days and the calorie counter really helps put things in perspective.
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    My coach at my company's gym suggested it to me!