Mini trampoline workout

Options
2»

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I hear vibration machines are equally as magical.
  • John31TL
    John31TL Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Not used one but i hear good effective ones are expensive but yes effective, though im a big kid at heart so bouncing is an excuse to be a kid lol
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of fun.

I've posted this video - 1 minute in is really funny.

I would probably give it a go.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=590598074367127
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Will a big trampoline do the same as a mini? I have both but the mini is in such bad shape Im sure it'll break if I jump on it LOL But, I do have a big trampoline, I could totally go out there for an hour a day, I haven't thought of it!

Do it!!!! I have no evidence to support my belief , but I think you'll get a much higher burn from a real trampoline, not to mention greater range of motion, more fun and muscle activation.

My town has an indoor trampoline park. Basically, it is a bunch of of the big trampolines connected together. They offer aerobics classes, and the calorie burn is ~500 per hour
    www.skyzone.com
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Any time someone talks about a mini trampoline workout, I automatically think of Kathy Bates jumping on hers in Fried Green Tomatoes.

Stop! In the name of loveeeeee....
  • John31TL
    Options
    that indoor one sounds ace
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My daughter is begging me for a big trampoline for her birthday. She's a gymnast. I might get her one just so I can play on it :)
  • John31TL
    Options
    haha do it lol, we have a big one in the garden, kids love (so do adults shhhhhh lol )
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Will a big trampoline do the same as a mini? I have both but the mini is in such bad shape Im sure it'll break if I jump on it LOL But, I do have a big trampoline, I could totally go out there for an hour a day, I haven't thought of it!

Do it!!!! I have no evidence to support my belief , but I think you'll get a much higher burn from a real trampoline, not to mention greater range of motion, more fun and muscle activation.

My town has an indoor trampoline park. Basically, it is a bunch of of the big trampolines connected together. They offer aerobics classes, and the calorie burn is ~500 per hour
    www.skyzone.com

My town has one too...my daughter was just there yesterday for a birthday party. Since ours just opened a few months ago it's almost impossible to get in there..they are always sold out weeks in advance.
  • John31TL
    Options
    more reason to get your own lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I recently hurt my back (not on mini trampoline lol) but back on it next week, feel free to add me, ill show you it works lol. Last time with a combination of walking, i lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks or so, (i also eat well and socialize a lot so that was a great result lol)

To be clear, you lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks because you maintained a calorie deficit sufficient to result in that weight loss (ignoring other confounding factors in body weight). Your calories burned on the mini trampoline (or other exercise) is a component of that calculation.
  • John31TL
    Options
    In simple terms i ate, drank etc as i always did, never logged my food because nothing changed there. The purpose of the trampoline was for fitness,aerobic training etc not the weight loss, that was a very welcome bonus though for sure. Most exercise will cause weight loss, this worked for me and it was fun, cant wait to get back to it. When I stat again next week ill be logging food as well.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've heard some amazing things about these mini trampolines.

Some might even call the results "magical".

Yeah. I wish I had one so I could totally get ripped in 4 days.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In simple terms i ate, drank etc as i always did, never logged my food because nothing changed there. The purpose of the trampoline was for fitness,aerobic training etc not the weight loss, that was a very welcome bonus though for sure. Most exercise will cause weight loss, this worked for me and it was fun, cant wait to get back to it. When I stat again next week ill be logging food as well.

To lose 15 pounds in 8 weeks...that's a calorie deficit of 52500 (at 3500 calories/pound, and assuming those 15 pounds are actually fat lost and not some other confounding factor...but let's keep it simple)...in 56 days...assuming you used the mini tramp for one hour every other day...a total of 28 hours...or 1875 calories/hour.

Wow. That can't be right.

Let's assume you used it for one hour *every* day...so a total of 56 hours...or 937 calories/hour.

That's still a remarkable burn rate.

Did you use it every day for longer than an hour? If so, I admire your dedication to your chosen exercise. I get bored after 30 minutes of just about anything.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I recently hurt my back (not on mini trampoline lol) but back on it next week, feel free to add me, ill show you it works lol. Last time with a combination of walking, i lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks or so, (i also eat well and socialize a lot so that was a great result lol)

To be clear, you lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks because you maintained a calorie deficit sufficient to result in that weight loss (ignoring other confounding factors in body weight). Your calories burned on the mini trampoline (or other exercise) is a component of that calculation.

Calorie deficit has nothing to do with the weight lose.

When you jump and down a lot you actually dislodge the fat cells in your body and the extra fat comes out of you when you wee - fact.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

When you jump and down a lot you actually dislodge the fat cells in your body and the extra fat comes out of you when you wee - fact.

^ this is sooo cool! I'm curious, can you spot dislodge fat cells? My thighs are plump and I would love to wee out dislodged fat cells from this area. :flowerforyou:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

^ this is sooo cool! I'm curious, can you spot dislodge fat cells? My thighs are plump and I would love to wee out dislodged fat cells from this area. :flowerforyou: