Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    42, in a relationship for 10 years, no kids and happy :)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm only 35 but joining in on this thread because we aren't planning on them and it makes me feel better to know other women have chosen this path and are totally loving their life! I know I am. (Love my friends with kids but we have different challenges!)
  • RAKK80
    RAKK80 Posts: 8
    Options
    40 in August, No Kids and Happy that way!!
  • mzhrrs13
    mzhrrs13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    43, married with no kids!!! Life is GOOD!!
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, married and lots of kids - but they've got very hairy bodies. 3 horses, 3 dogs and 2 cats. Both my husband and I are teachers and we chose not to have even more kids in our lives!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 51 and have never had children. I am really confortable with my choice, love children, and don't understand why anyone outside of someone's closest circle of loved ones would care about this decision. I think it is a personal decision and shouldn't be open for judgement any more than I expect strangers to care about my choice of career or faith (or lack there of). Sometime on this site people are looking for someone to relate to based on common lifestyles or choices, that doesn't mean that other choices are bad - just different.

There are many joys that come with having chlldren as well as being childish. At the end of the day there is a fork in the road and you go one way or the other (or life unfolds when you are busy making other plans).
  • cassylola24
    Options
    Will be 48 in April. Been married 28 years and have no kids through choice. Friends have kids and we have neices and nephews and a great neice but never wanted kids ourselves. Have 3 dogs who are our family but not child replacements. HAve sent you a friend request as well.
    I remember years ago my Aunt asked me when we were going to have a family - I looked at her and said "we cant" - that shut her up and she didnt know what to say. Don't know if we couold at the time or not but not now as hubby had the snip we were so sure we didnt want kids
    Dawn
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. It could easily be me at 40, and is that such a bad thing? No! I am barely 28 and feel the pressure from society weighing down on me to have kids. But I am not even close to being married. To be married, I want to be absolutely sure....and I am not, which isn't fair to me or the other person. Sure I love the idea of happiness and commitment, but I am not going to force it to happen. And I go back and forth on children all the time. Sometimes it sounds great and sometimes I'm like oh my gosh I want to go to an adult only island with unlimited margaritas.

I have one cat and plan on adding more.
  • clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'm 41 this year and we don't want kids, never have. I could write a book about all the comments people make, the funniest being:

"Those cramps you get every month is your uterus is begging you to have a baby !"

I used to get mad but now LMAO.

Claire
  • clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! LOL
    46, married, no kids.

I told my Mum when I was 5 that I was going to write a note to my tummy telling it I didn't want children and swallow it. Never changed my mind.

I have been called selfish for this but anyone who knows me will say I far from that. I don't think I'd have clocked up 30yrs full time nursing in the NHS without any breaks if I was!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    44 no kids! I'm late but feel free to add me too!
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Not in my 40s yet, but 31 here with no kids and don't want any either. Unless, you count the four legged, furry kind. :)
  • Turkishvan
    Turkishvan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a black woman with no kids and no desire to have any. I'm over 40 and while I may have some regrets motherhood was NOT one of them. Add me. I respect those with kids but I was never a very maternal person. BUT I've had plenty of cats and currently am a mini-schnauzer owner/guardian!:laugh:
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    43. Never been married and no children. Not sure if it was by my choice, but it definitely was his up above!
  • SassySinger17
    Options
    OH YAY!!!! More ladies like ME!!!! Whew! 42 and child-free; not childless. It's a CHOICE! I *just* joined this site to day (a couple hours ago, even) so forgive me if I didn't read the whole thread just yet.

So yeah, I've been called selfish before and all that good stuff. A coworker a long time ago even made a $1M bet with me that I would eventually have at least one. I'm still trying to find her to collect, dangit!!! I even asked a doctor when I was 23 to have my tubes tied. Of course, he refused and insisted I would change my mind. Sure wish I could remember the dude's name because I would looooooove to go back.

Look, sometimes we just KNOW that we aren't up for the kid thing. There's nothing wrong with it either. I've known since I was 12. My mom even asked me one day "What did we ever do to you to make you not want any kids?" She was joking, of course, and we still laugh about it. My folks are perfectly fine without grandchildren. I'm an only child so, there ya go. I did have a parrot for a while and my mom even called her the "grandbird". hee hee

Okay, enough rambling...back to work. Look forward to chatting with y'all!!!
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    OH YAY!!!! More ladies like ME!!!! Whew! 42 and child-free; not childless. It's a CHOICE! I *just* joined this site to day (a couple hours ago, even) so forgive me if I didn't read the whole thread just yet.

So yeah, I've been called selfish before and all that good stuff. A coworker a long time ago even made a $1M bet with me that I would eventually have at least one. I'm still trying to find her to collect, dangit!!! I even asked a doctor when I was 23 to have my tubes tied. Of course, he refused and insisted I would change my mind. Sure wish I could remember the dude's name because I would looooooove to go back.

Look, sometimes we just KNOW that we aren't up for the kid thing. There's nothing wrong with it either. I've known since I was 12. My mom even asked me one day "What did we ever do to you to make you not want any kids?" She was joking, of course, and we still laugh about it. My folks are perfectly fine without grandchildren. I'm an only child so, there ya go. I did have a parrot for a while and my mom even called her the "grandbird". hee hee

Okay, enough rambling...back to work. Look forward to chatting with y'all!!!

That's cute! I have a friend who's had her parrot for years and her mom refers to him as her 'grandbird,' too.
    My grandparents refer to themselves and 'grandma and grandpa' when they speak to my furry nugget. :D

And you're right, sometimes you just know. I think I came out of womb knowing I didn't want kids. Never had an interest in 'spawning' nor do I have an interest in getting hitched (marriage is serious stuff and I don't know if I can make that kind of a commitment). Plus I've always been more of an animal person than a people person. I have more patience for critters than I do people.
  • SassySinger17
    Options
    [/quote]

Plus I've always been more of an animal person than a people person. I have more patience for critters than I do people.
    [/quote]

LOL!! RIGHT?!?!?!

:bigsmile:
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is great. Perhaps we aren't as rare as I previously thought! I would love to receive friend requests from any of the child-free people who have posted here. I haven't any friends yet - boo hoo :cry:

Have a good day
    Becca x
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and am child-free as well. Funny, with everybody having kids later and later in life, I never really felt any pressure from others in my 30s. It's only now that I've really been feeling it (co-workers/dates/neighbors asking why I never had them, etc). Never wanted them, and now I'm physically not able to have them either. We should start an MFP community.
  • suekw71
    suekw71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    43 here, no kids.... Good to meet you!