New here

Options
Hello Everyone

I started the journey of weight loss and exercising at the end of January. I have only lost around 8 lbs. I do notice a change the way my clothes fit. I can see a difference in before and after.

I want to be down to what is considered my "healthy" weight 154 by April 25th. My birthday. I am 170 now. When I started in Jan, it seemed so realistic. It's frustrating that it doesn't know. I have been working so hard.

I would love any fitness friends!

Replies

• babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too, welcome!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the start of your journey. That is a lot to lose in a short amount of time. Not saying it is impossible but from experience you have a much higher chance of keeping it off if you lose it slower and steady...
  • jamiemommaof3
    jamiemommaof3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the start of your journey. That is a lot to lose in a short amount of time. Not saying it is impossible but from experience you have a much higher chance of keeping it off if you lose it slower and steady...
    ^^this for the amount of weight you have to lose you should aim for .5-1 pound a week.
  • mistressin
    mistressin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had my account for a while and used it as a tool when I tried the HcG diet. It worked perfectly. I managed to go from 160 lbs to 118. I gained and maintained 122 for two years. Now I'm back up to 130. I know it isn't much but if I don't do something about it now I will be right back where I started from.
  • justyce13
    justyce13 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome! It really helps to document what you are eating. I have 30 pounds to loose, and it seems so hard! I have a page on Facebook called Team Healthy Choice, were we talk about excerises and eating habits, it is a closed group so You would have to request friend , Stacy Daron (thats me lol) THere is about 30 of us. I will be starting a fitness challenge on March 24th. You are welcome to join:)