87 Pounds in One Year

Options
ThenAndNow_zpsc6c235f9.jpg

Started at 274. The pic on the left is actually before I reached my peak weight, probably 265 in the pic. I am 192 in the pic on the right but I've lost 5 more pounds since that pic was taken a couple of weeks ago.

When I first started losing weight, I looked at it as a "diet" and had a goal to get down to 200 pounds......or anything close to it.

When I started thinking of my project as a permanent lifestyle change and started wanting to actually get my body in shape, and be healthy, my weight loss actually accelerated. Since November 1st I have lose 39 pounds.

I walk 4 miles every morning or evening, and 2 to 3 times I will do both. I work out with weights (arms) about 4 times a week and do abs 4 times a week. Currently abs excercises consists of 175 sit ups (5 sets of 35), forward and side planks (3 sets), 3 sets of crunches, 3 sets of leg lifts. Two days a week I will do just the situps and two days a week I add the lower ab stuff, but I do them at a different time of day than the sit ups.

I am happy with most all of my body now, just need to tighten up my abs. If I happen to lose 13 more pounds, that would be pretty cool too, be nice to reach that 100 pound loss mark. But that is not my goal. My goal is to look good and feel good.

Replies

• AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Good for you!
  • frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look great!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You look hot! So much younger as well! Great job! :bigsmile:
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Great job!!!! What kind of diet have you followed? You should be proud, thats for sure.
  • lacrystal86
    lacrystal86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, job well done. You look great and I'm sure you feel great. You are an inspiration, I still have a ways to go.
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well you do look good and I bet you feel great - good job!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Good for you!
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the very kind comments.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! What kind of diet have you followed? You should be proud, thats for sure.

My journey has had a number of different stages, but I am pretty serious about eating the right things now.

For breakast most days I will have either 2/3 a cup of whole oats with some splenda cinnamon, or I will have 3 servings of eggs (1 egg, 2 egg beaters) with tomatoes, onions, green peppers, ham or turkey, and cheddar cheese. The oatmeal is only 200 calories and the eggs comes in at about 300 - 350 calories

For lunch I will sometimes eat a chef salad or I will have two cans of white tuna fish with 1 table spoon of light mayo, that is about 250 calories for the tuna or maybe 350 calories for the chef salad.

For dinner I will have a couple of skinless chicken breast and some veggies, around 300 calories. I will a full cup of ice cream, I really love the Edy's 1/2 fat Neopolitan. That is 180 calories.

Then I will eat another helping of the oatmeal, what can I say, I really like oatmeal.

So that is about 1500 calories I am eating most days. Some days I am closer to 2,000, but on those days I am usually walking 8 miles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!