CoLoRaDo

Options
Anyone live in Colorado?

My husband and I are moving there March 21

In your opinion what is the best thing to do for exercise outside.......( i know there are a million things, thats part of the reason we are moving there)

:)

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Lived here since I was 4. In MY opinion, mountain biking. Hiking is also good. Snowboarding too.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    TyPiNg LiKe ThIs SeEmS lIkE a LoT oF dAmNeD tRoUbLe JuSt To LoOk RiDiCuLoUs
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Lived here since I was 4. In MY opinion, mountain biking. Hiking is also good. Snowboarding too.

Don't be a knuckle dragger....slap ski's on. It is the REAL alpine sport
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well I typed 1 eight letter word, not a whole sentance
    so no, not to much work went into it, but I appreciate your concern :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TyPiNg LiKe ThIs SeEmS lIkE a LoT oF dAmNeD tRoUbLe JuSt To LoOk RiDiCuLoUs

yeah- is there a point to this? I've never understood it. Am I missing on something?

go out side ski in the winter- hike in the summer
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do LOVE snowboarding
    I have never tried to ski
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If I were moving to CoLoRaDo, I would do a lot of CoLoRaDo-y things. Those are the best kinds of activities to do when in CoLoRaDo, IMHO.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You mean you're not moving here for the weed?
  • CookieEmporium
    CookieEmporium Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What part of CO are you moving to? We lived near Colorado Springs, so hiking on and around Pike's Peak was a natural go-to (hiked the Incline a couple of times a year... I miss it!). Skiing, snowboarding, other snowy-stuff are typical, of course. The snow at that altitude is so weird-- like little foam bb's, like in a bean bag chair (which is why people like skiing on it).
  • anaisbutterfly7
    anaisbutterfly7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I live in Denver. I take long walks with the doggie (snow permitting), and I love to hike. We also have lots of great gyms here, and they do great programs like touch football and softball teams.

Welcome!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Proud Colorado Native here. Moved away for 4 years and hated it! I will NEVER leave here again. Anyway...doing things outdoors here is great as the humidity is low and there's hardly any bugs. Bike riding is really the thing I enjoy doing outdoors.
  • ninajenay
    ninajenay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm from Colorado Springs but I'm currently going to school in Boulder. I adore hiking and other expected CoLoRaDo outdoorsy things. :D
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    If I were moving to CoLoRaDo, I would do a lot of CoLoRaDo-y things. Those are the best kinds of activities to do when in CoLoRaDo, IMHO.

LmAo!
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    CoLoRaDo - 5th generation native.. anything outside is going to be awesome! Snowshoeing, mountain biking, hiking, skiing/boarding, mountain climbing, spelunking.. if it is outside and it can be done, you can do it here! Welcome to all our sunshine and amazingness! :flowerforyou:

Edited to add this http://the-fisher-queen-blog.tumblr.com/post/75919493620/12-reasons-colorado-is-the-best-state

Seriously, love it here.
  • tanishabearr
    tanishabearr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Actually I just moved to Colorado and I bike alot- from mountain biking to getting to work. Is there any nice trails you guys know of in the Aurora region ish?