bump to watch at home
  • benct6008
    benct6008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skyley
    skyley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I watched this on tv awhile it ago and yes it was interesting especially the after effect of the brunette
  • scalpay
    Options
    thanks for posting, I just finished watching and it was a bit of an eye opener for me, i think maybe I am starting to become a bit too obsessive. Why is it so hard to be totally happy with your "goal weight" whatever that is. I don't have an eating disorder (I love food too much) but definately still don't think I'm skinny, maybe I am?

thats the point, you dont see yourself like others do. there was once a show on with anorexic girls. a famous female singer (pretty slim herself) brought a pair of her own pants to those irls. and the girls didnt believe they would fit into it. they thought they were to fat. so she had them trying them on and they fell off (of course). was a real eye opener.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I just watched the whole thing.. It's so sad, that I know there are girls who will watch it and take away from it dieting tips and how to do it themselves. Poor women. I can't imagine going through that.

Agreed. After school specials on eating disorders taught me how to have one and hide it.

Charmagne
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    Long.... but good stuff. A bit scary. Also, British sizes run differently then US and don't contain size 00, but the title of the clip is "size 00". odd....
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    bump
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I think the time pressure in this video and the other one (with Dawn Porter) are important to note- I don't condone being tiny or anything, but we need to remember there is a healthy way to loose weight, and some folks can find themselves quiet small and still functional, if they take their time and let their body adjust.
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting, I just finished watching and it was a bit of an eye opener for me, i think maybe I am starting to become a bit too obsessive. Why is it so hard to be totally happy with your "goal weight" whatever that is. I don't have an eating disorder (I love food too much) but definately still don't think I'm skinny, maybe I am?

thats the point, you dont see yourself like others do. there was once a show on with anorexic girls. a famous female singer (pretty slim herself) brought a pair of her own pants to those irls. and the girls didnt believe they would fit into it. they thought they were to fat. so she had them trying them on and they fell off (of course). was a real eye opener.

I would actually like to see THAT show. One where girls FINALLY realize their conception is distorted and see if they get their act together even if it is slowly. Do you remember what the show was called??
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I think the sizing sytem for womens clothes is messed up. It's designed to make you all competitive and miserable over a number. Size 0? Please. Math class taught me that Zero is nothing, not a size. I would love to see womens clothing sized like mens-waist size and inseam, chest size and sleeve length, neck size ect., and in inches, a unit of measure most everyone can relate to. How can a size 12 fit a woman who's 5'10" and a woman who's 5'4"? It makes no sense to me.:grumble:
  • badrianne
    Options
    That is why they have 12 short, regular, or tall/long). I am 5'7 and wear a long usually. Some women's pants also come in inch sizes. I am about a 29/30 in those clothes.

But to the doc, I watched it a few days ago when the OP posted it. I also found it interesting how fast the dark-haired on feel into the eating disorder, but as others have noted she already had underlying issues. They should have never chosen her. It was apparent from the moment they introduced her and she started talking about how disgusting she looked that she had problems.

I will say that both women are dedicated journalist, because I would have not gone to the lengths that they did to lose the weight! Is it weird that the doc made me want to work harder though? Kind of like "if they can do those crazy things, I can make the easy simple steps toward losing the weight" Hmmm...
  • larousse_37
    Options
    I think the sizing sytem for womens clothes is messed up. It's designed to make you all competitive and miserable over a number. Size 0? Please. Math class taught me that Zero is nothing, not a size. I would love to see womens clothing sized like mens-waist size and inseam, chest size and sleeve length, neck size ect., and in inches, a unit of measure most everyone can relate to. How can a size 12 fit a woman who's 5'10" and a woman who's 5'4"? It makes no sense to me.:grumble:

That's a great point. A lot of Australian brands are now using inch sizing based on waist measurements... so 28 is a 10 (US 6) 30 is a 12 (US 8) etc. It makes you feel a lot better when there's no 'meaning' behind the sizes.. you just wear the number that fits you!

It's also kinda crap how they alter the sizes depending on the common sizes of people.. so a size 10 now, was like a size 14 50 years ago. I know they have to cater to the masses, but it just demonstrates how the retail industry will simply make anything up to sell something. In some shops I go into, I'm a 6 *gasps* while I feel good for a minute or so I think... "wait... these people are DELIBERATELY doing this so I feel better and then buy their clothing!" it's such a scam.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Bump to check out laters.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    bump