is any1 doin jenny craig?

Options
I'm gonna start doin jenny craig january 2011. I did it once & lost the weight but i was only able 2 do it for 2wks b/c then i had 2 buy a car & the choice was eat or work lol. but that was a yr ago. it worked really well 4 me, but i wasn't on it long enuff 2 actually learn anythin or 2 get myself use 2 eatin the way i'm suppose 2. (i lost 15lbs in 2wks).

so now i'm gettin back on the horse but will wait til after this last major holiday. lol (what's the point of gettin on the meal plan if i get off durin the holiday?!?! it'd b 2 much pressure in the beginnin)

i plan 2 get 2 my goal weight of 160. since i'm trainin 4 a marathon i figure i'd prob lose the weight quickly w/a good eatin plan. it's always been the eatin that messes me up, not the exercising (of course that's what i use MFP 4)

after i lose the weight will come the hard part. maintanence...

but i wanted 2 know if any1 is doin JC & how they r fairin on it so far. what r ur likes & dislikes concernin the program/food & anythin else abt it. THANK YOU!!!

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    guess no 1 is doin this.. :cry:
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to this site and new to JC. Started it for the first time last Monday and have my first weight in tonight. So far the only problem I've had is in eating all the food they want me to eat. Not that the portions are large - to me they are meant for a 2 year old. My problem is the filler foods that they don't supply - I hate fruit and vegtables so I don't normally get that in and starve waiting until I can eat the next meal that they supplied. Most of the food is ok - better than nutrisystem anyway.

Portia
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I've gotten great success on JC. You do have to buy their food, along with some grocery items. You would eat 2-3 servings of fruit and veggies. It is centered around the concept of a balanced diet. If you hate fruits and veggies then you're not keeping your mind open to eating a balanced diet. It is an expensive program, however if you're willing to commit to it it will work for you. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
  • yportia
    Options
    Had my 1st weigh in tonight and lost 4.6 pounds. So I'm down to 195.6 I've read where this is normal to lose so much the first week and I'm prepared to slow down to 1 or 2 pounds next week. Will keep on this as long as I can afford it and swallow those fruits and veggies.
  • edorice
    Options
    Keep in mind that you don't have to buy anything you don't want to buy. The soupitizers are expensive, not needed. Order the snacks that you enjoy. Order double the items that you like. That sort of thing. After the first month you'll know what foods you like and what foods you will never want to eat again. Keep track of that.
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    ty guys.

yportia: congrats on the weight loss!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: <--water

it's pretty much what i remember as well. altho i do like fruits (especially pineapples) & veggies so that won't b 2 hard. :smile:

ty 4 the feed back! i'm not offically weighin in until january. w/all the holiday stuff goin on weighin in is ridiculous 4 me right now. i know i've gained some of the weight i lost but i'm gonna start my runnin program at the end of the month. decided 2 do 1 maybe 2 half marathons in march next yr.

ty edorice 4 the advice. it's very much appreciated :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I too am doing Jenny Craig. I started today and so far, everything I've had is SO yummy! I'm shocked, actually, because I have tried Nutrisystem also and that food was less expensive, yes, but gross! The portion-size is exactly what it needs to be (for me anyway). I've committed to 3 months, as I only have 35-40 lbs to lose so hope to get all that off during that time. If not, I'll be on it for a 4th month, or until I get all my weight off.

Congrats on your successes and good luck on your journey!
  • yportia
    Options
    I also did Nutrisystem about 8 months ago - lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks but the food was so bad I never ate all of the months supply. JC food is much better but still some of it is not the best. Food that others love - like the cheddar cheese omelet - I'm usually so hungry I eat it anyway and make a note to never order it again. The portions are real small to me - probably because I'm still trying to catch up to eating the vegs and fruit. I signed up for the special 12 pounds in 12 weeks and hope I can get close to my goal by then and transition over to real food. Make sure you go to the JC website and sign up because they will e-mail you coupons that you can use to cut the cost of the food. I've gotten one that I used for a free days food.

How do you put the text below your post, does it go below the tracker?
  • edorice
    Options
    Next to My Topics there is Signature. You can put information about yourself there.

Most of the JC food is good. I would beware of the Beef Chili though.
  • wanderinghorn
    Options
    I was seriously considering it in January. Can you please give a ballpark idea of how much the program costs? I already buy fruits and veggies every week and eat pretty balanced but something is amiss...apparently it isn't just eat less exercise more. There must be something in the way I am eating that isn't working. Plus I have a plethora of physical issues. Do you get a discount with 3 month commitments?
  • wanderinghorn
    Options
    Also, do the products contain splenda? As I am allergic I cannot use those products
  • edorice
    Options
    They may have a New Years' promotion that will start. Most of the food wouldn't have Splenda in them.
  • wanderinghorn
    Options
    thanks!
  • yportia
    Options
    For the 2 weeks I've been on it my first week cost $120 and this second week cost $100 because I used a coupon JC e-mailed me for just joining the JC website. Each item costs a different price, even the syrup and salad dressing cost something. It appears that each week (maybe at least the first 4) has it's own preset menu (most items not repeating) depending on your calorie allowance that averages about $120 dollars with no add ons - snack bars, soup, etc. It is my understanding that there is a food price list, I wasn't shown one, nor did I ask for one. I need the structure so I'm going with the suggested menu - crossing off as I see the few foods I don't like. You can go on the JC website even as a non-member and the menus are all laid out there.

http://www.jennycraig.com/food/
  • edorice
    Options
    I never buy the syrup or the dressing. Just buy sugar free syrup from the store and fat free dressing.
    The first week is the most expensive and the food is the best. The fourth week may not be enjoyable. But I do recommend that you try all the food and then decide what you like.
    Here is a price list. It's not updated with some items that came in this month.

BREAKFAST
    Blueberry Mini Loaf 160 cal. $2.49
    Blueberry Pancakes and Veggie Sausage $4.69
    Banana Nut Cereal Breakfast 170 cal. $2.19
    Breakfast Scramble Breakfast 200 cal. $4.99
    Breakfast Stuffed Sandwich Breakfast 200 cal. $4.29
    Cheddar Cheese Omelet $5.99
    Complete Start Cereal Breakfast 190 cal. $2.19
    Cranberry Almond Cereal Breakfast 170 cal.$2.19
    French Toast Breakfast 220 cal. $4.99
    Frosted Oats Cereal Breakfast 170 $2.19
    Fruit & Granola Breakfast 200 cal. $2.19
    Honey Oat Bar Breakfast 170 cal. $1.99
    Multi-Grain Hoops Cereal Breakfast 170 cal. $2.19
    Oatmeal Breakfast Square Breakfast 190 cal $1.99 yuck
    Sunshine Sandwich Breakfast 190 cal. $4.39
    Triple Grain Crisps Breakfast 150 cal. $2.19
    Lite Table Syrup Breakfast 35 cal. $0.55

LUNCH

Beef Barley Stew 230 cal. $4.99
    Beef Chow Mein 220 cal. $5.49
    Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato 210 cal. $4.39
    Cheesy Enchilada 260 cal. $5.49
    Chicken Salad Lunch Kit $5.29
    Cheesy Potatoes & Chicken $6.49
    Chicken Sandwich 250 cal. $5.29
    Chicken Stuffed Sandwich 270 cal. $5.29
    Classic Chicken Noodle Soup 210 cal.$4.99
    Creamy Chicken & Corn Chowder 210 cal. $4.99
    Personal Pizza 260 cal. $5.49
    Meatball Stuffed Sandwich $5.29
    Pesto Pizza $5.49 YUCK
    Rotini with Meatballs Lunch 250 cal. $5.49
    Southwest Style Chicken Burrito $5.29 good
    Southwestern Chicken w/Rice & Beans 250 cal. $5.49
    Spinach & Cheese Tortellini 5.29
    Swedish Meatballs 250 cal. $5.49
    Tuna Salad Kit Lunch $5.29
    Turkey Burger Sandwich 280 cal. $5.29
    Turkey Club Panini $5.99
    Veggie & artichoke Quesadilla $5.49
    Zesty Tortellini Soup $4.99

DINNER
    Beef Chili and Beans 270 cal. $4.99 yuck
    Cashew Chicken 290 cal. $6.49
    Cheese Ravioli 280 cal. $5.49 good
    Chicken Carbonara 270 cal. $6.49 love it
    Chicken Fajitas 290 cal. $6.49
    Chicken Fettuccine 260 cal. $6.49 OK
    Chicken Pasta Parmesan 200 cal. $5.49 yuck
    Classico Chicken Parmesan 290 cal. $6.49
    Cookout Style Chicken 290 cal. $5.49 good
    Fish and Chips 250 cal. $6.49
    Jenny's Rising Crust Pizza 5.49 good
    Lentils w/Beef 240 cal. $5.49
    Macaroni & Cheese 250 cal. $5.49 OK
    Mash Potatoes with Beef 190 cal. $5.49
    Meat Loaf with BBQ Sauce 300 cal. $6.49
    Pasta Fagioli 210 cal. $5.49 YUCK
    Penne Pasta 280 cal. $5.49 love it
    Rising Crust Pizza 280 cal.
    Salisbury Steak 260 cal. $6.49 OK
    Spaghetti w/ Meatballs 270 cal. $6.49 good
    Sweet & Sour Chicken 200 cal. $5.49 good
    Teriyaki Glazed Salmon 290 cal. $6.99
    Three Cheese Ziti Marinara 270 cal. $5.49
    Traditional Lasagna 250 cal. $6.49
    Turkey Chili 260 cal. $5.49
    Turkey with Gravy 270 cal. $6.49
    Vegetable & Chicken Potstickers 290 cal. $6.49

SNACKS / DESSERTS

Veggie Chips - $1.99
    Cheese Curls - $1.99
    Chocolate Caramel Peanut Bar - $1.99
    Chocolate Chip Snack Bar - $1.99
    Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Bar - $1.99
    Chocolate Walnut Brownie - $2.19
    Cinnamon Twists 120 cal. $1.99
    Cookies 'n Cream Cheesecake - $2.69
    Chocolate Cake 130 cal. $2.19
    Honey Mustard Pretzels 120 cal. $1.99
    Lemon Cake - $2.19
    Lemon Mousse Bar - $1.99
    Peanut Butter Bar - $1.99
    S'mores Bar - $1.99
    Soft Chocolate cookie 120 cal.$1.99
    Toffee Cookies 120 cal. $1.99
    Triple Chocolate Cheesecake - $2.69
    White Cheddar Popcorn 130 cal.$1.99
    Yogurt Dream Bar 130 cal. $1.99
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    ty 4 the current price list!! :love: this is awesome!! :flowerforyou: since i've been on the program b4 i actually remember most of the foods that i liked so this will make it easier 4 me.

i recommend buying ur own dressing & syrup also. that way u come out better financially. i'll b committing at least 3months to this but i'm prepared 2 commit 6months since i have closer to 80lbs to lose.
  • edorice
    Options
    Don't put limits on yourself.
    Don't give yourself a time frame.
    Get out of your own way and just do it.
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    just givin a quick update!

started jenny craig 6days ago. i've lost abt 8lbs already. WHOOHOO!!!! :drinker: <--water

i'm so excited. i've been sick this past wk & 2day also so i'm tryin 2 eat at least my jc foods. the extra's r a little harder 4 me 2 eat :cry: but i'm tryin 2 anyways :smile:

i'm on the 1500calorie menu plan. which means i'm actually eatin abt 16-1700calories b/c i'm exercisin a lot. :bigsmile:
  • edorice
    Options
    Why are the extra's harder to eat? I hope you're not spending money on those Soupitzers.
  • yportia
    Options
    It's great that you've lost 8 pounds so fast, in one week. I know that for me even though I was starving - I didn't find the JC food to be enough - I still have a very hard time getting in what I call the extras - the things that JC does not provide - vegetables and fruits.

I've dieted so many times and for so long that just the mention of vegs and fruit make me not even want to try them. I never bought the other JC items; to save money. I have tried a lot of different things to get over the aversion but so far only raw hunger gets me to eat even the minimum fruit and vegs.

If these are the extras you're talking about - maybe this will change because I have now come to enjoy water when one month ago I hated plain water.