Appetite suppresant

Options
chickybuns
chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
Has anyone tried an appetite suppresant and had luck with it? I have tried to clean up my eating some but I am still always hungry, and am thinking about something to help with that.

Replies

• RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    2010 join date
    1000+ posts

I think you already know the advice you will be given.:flowerforyou:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums and ignore carbs & fat. That keeps me feeling full longer.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • chickybuns
    Options
    2010 join date
    1000+ posts

Not really because I've never asked about this. thanks for the help
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    eat a crap load of your least favorite vegetables. you'll be good and grossed out for the rest of the day :)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    2010 join date
    1000+ posts

Okay well I guess I get to be the first. I've tried OTC, homeopathic and rx appetite suppressants. Some of them worked but only while I was taking them. Once I got off of them, the appetite bounced back with a vengeance and so did the weight! :explode: None of the appetite suppressants, and that includes homeopathic, will teach you portion control or healthy behavior changes. None of the appetite suppressants are long-term solutions and do more damage in the long run than just patient slow, steady weight loss with the resultant behavior changes of portion control and exercise.

In case you're confused:

Jmi2v4l.gif

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    2010 join date
    1000+ posts

Protein and fat help with staying satisfied. Soluble fiber helps with the full feeling. Pills are not the answer, your body quickly becomes accustomed to them and they nolonger produce the desired results.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I just did a quick look at your diary for the past couple weeks.. although there's nothing wrong with it i did see a lot of fast food for lunch and most of it seemed to be carbs.. also a lot of days it didn't appear that you logged your water intake or even your food... i would suggest adding to the food note section the days that you felt the hungriest- was it b/c you didn't have enough water, was it b/c of the lack of protein and the amount of carbs that were eaten? Then after a few days or a week go back and see if there is a pattern and start there. Other than that maybe just eat a small snack every few hours and see if that helps at all.
  • chickybuns
    Options
    2010 join date
    1000+ posts

Okay well I guess I get to be the first. I've tried OTC, homeopathic and rx appetite suppressants. Some of them worked but only while I was taking them. Once I got off of them, the appetite bounced back with a vengeance and so did the weight! :explode: None of the appetite suppressants, and that includes homeopathic, will teach you portion control or healthy behavior changes. None of the appetite suppressants are long-term solutions and do more damage in the long run than just patient slow, steady weight loss with the resultant behavior changes of portion control and exercise.

In case you're confused:

Jmi2v4l.gif

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Thank you very much!!
  • chickybuns
    Options
    I just did a quick look at your diary for the past couple weeks.. although there's nothing wrong with it i did see a lot of fast food for lunch and most of it seemed to be carbs.. also a lot of days it didn't appear that you logged your water intake or even your food... i would suggest adding to the food note section the days that you felt the hungriest- was it b/c you didn't have enough water, was it b/c of the lack of protein and the amount of carbs that were eaten? Then after a few days or a week go back and see if there is a pattern and start there. Other than that maybe just eat a small snack every few hours and see if that helps at all.

Thanks for the suggestion. I really just started with the better eating last week, but had many birthday festivities which didn't help. Like I said I'm just really starting to try to eat better. And I don't always log water but I average 12 cups a day.
  • Margritz
    Margritz Posts: 1
    Options
    To help curb appetite, you need to add more fiber and some fat. A perfect snack is an Avocado. It has the good fat in it along with its fiber. Drink a full glass of water before you decide to eat something. Often that will stop the hunger signal.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have not taken appetite suppressants but what I do sometimes (besides trying to drink more water) is drink green tea. I think it helps, and it takes a while to sip as it is hot tea. I would also check on what other people have recommended on eating enough protein, fat, and fiber but even that doesn't always help me out and I have green tea to help with the cravings etc.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I find that food is a great way to suppress ones appetite.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums and ignore carbs & fat. That keeps me feeling full longer.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^^This. If I eat protein at each meal, I don't have real problems with hunger. If I have particularly "insatiable hunger" days, I just increase my protein intake.
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions
  • hathcoat
    hathcoat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soak Chia Seeds in a bottle of water, then drink for a meal. It will fill you up. Sometimes not enough "good" fat is in our diet. :) {Just a couple teaspoons of them}
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Food is an excellent appetite suppressant. I find I'm not hungry for hours after taking it.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I take ace. Its a saba product and its an energy booster and appetite suppressant. Works great for me :)
  • yewbic
    yewbic Posts: 37
    Options
    i think when it comes to your appetite not being satisfied, it has more to do with the quality of your food rather than the quantity.

by eating more non-starchy vegetables and protein, you'll be eating a higher volume of food at a lower amount of calories. As someone else noted, the high amount of fiber in the vegetables will have you feeling full, and the protein and fat will leave you feeling satiated.

but that's not all, by making healthier choices you'll also provide your body with an abundance of vitamins and nutrients which will also contribute to a better feeling of "well being."

with that being said, when i first started I found that by drinking about 4-5 cups of either green tea, white tea, oolong, or black tea throughout the day, it helped me with my cravings... there is so much research out there on how green tea has positive effects on your health and even your metabolism. all those teas come from the same plant, it's just a matter of how the leaves are processed which differentiate the style.
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Water
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    The best appetite suppressant is food. The key is to make good choices and plan your day so your selections fit into your calorie allowance.

Also, be sure you're actually allowing yourself enough. The biggest mistake I ever made in my journey was undereating. I got to where I am today on 1500-2200 calorie per day.