Activity level

Options
Just wanted to check if I've got this right...

I'm a graduate student, so some days I'll be at a computer most of the time and others I'll be walking back and forth a lot between labs. I also don't drive and most places I go are about 20-30 minutes walk away, so most days I'll walk for 40-120 minutes just as basic travel. I don't really want to have to log my transport exercise every day, so do you think I do enough to be able to say I'm lightly active rather than sedentary or am I going to have to take the time to log everything?

Replies

• dmfear
    dmfear Posts: 24
    Options
    Are you walking that everyday? If so I would def. change it. If not maybe you could put it in your fitness journal as light walking on the days you are doing so much walking
  • msemejuru
    Options
    You sound lightly active. If you don't lose anything the first month then you might want to change it to sedentary. If you put sedentary right now you may need to log each of your walks to get the burn recorded.
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    I would say you are lightly active. :)
  • lanners23
    Options
    Thanks for your help. :)
    I've been messing around looking at different settings. Lightly active only gives me 150 calories a day more than sedentary. WIth the aid of google maps I found out how far one of my regular routes is, I know I walk that route at a fairly average speed and how long it takes me. I apparently walk at about 3.5 mph. Even assuming a speed of 3.0mph in the exercise logger that gives me 160 calories burned in 40 minutes. So basically as long as I walk for 40 minutes in a day I should be covered. Lightly active it is. :)