mcdonalds big breakfast :(

Options

Replies

• DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    my sister is home from uni and insisted on buying me a mcdonalds big breakfast this morning - 615 calories! it had half the fat and salt of a normal person not dieting in it!
    i feel so thirsty and awful and when i finished it i felt really sick but i wasn't sick

i feel so guilty! the day is already ruined and because it's two for tuesday my mum wants to get pizza tonight from Dominos and i really do not want to eat it. i feel so run down yeugh i guess i had gotten used to eating healthily?

does anyone have any ideas :(

If you don't want to eat pizza, don't eat it. Fix yourself something else. You don't have to eat what they eat. As for the breakfast. It is over now. Get a good workout in today if you have one planned and move forward.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    nope didnt miss the point. Sabotage is a horrible feeling. I have had to deal with it a LOT- family, friends, coworkers. They bring in pizza- you are EXPECTED to eat it. It really sucks. And when you do give in, especially if you are not used to those kinds of foods, it can make you really physically sick.

my advice was cheat day. That way nobody feels left out and you get to have things you normally wouldnt eat. The other option is to stick to your guns and say no. Mcdonalds may have the big breakfast (which actually 610 cals isnt that bad for going out to eat), but they also have yummy oatmeal, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and egg white mcmuffins. So next time your sister (or anyone) tries to take you out to eat, tell them you would like to order what you would like or you're not going to eat. Either they will come around or you may have to make some hard decisions. But its your life, and your decisions :)

Or she can just fit it in her calories/macros. A "cheat" day indicates you have something to cheat on which is inherently bad way to look at food.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    nope didnt miss the point. Sabotage is a horrible feeling. I have had to deal with it a LOT- family, friends, coworkers. They bring in pizza- you are EXPECTED to eat it. It really sucks. And when you do give in, especially if you are not used to those kinds of foods, it can make you really physically sick.

my advice was cheat day. That way nobody feels left out and you get to have things you normally wouldnt eat. The other option is to stick to your guns and say no. Mcdonalds may have the big breakfast (which actually 610 cals isnt that bad for going out to eat), but they also have yummy oatmeal, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and egg white mcmuffins. So next time your sister (or anyone) tries to take you out to eat, tell them you would like to order what you would like or you're not going to eat. Either they will come around or you may have to make some hard decisions. But its your life, and your decisions :)

People offering you food is not sabotage.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options

Or she can just fit it in her calories/macros. A "cheat" day indicates you have something to cheat on which is inherently bad way to look at food.

+1

A 615 calories breakfast is really not that bad. No need to stress over it.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    barf.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Just make better choices for the rest of the day. Have a salad with a single piece of pizza. We need to make choices that we can live with. It is one meal. Just do better on the next meal. If it makes you feel better about it, do a little extra exercise.
    Perfectly put! :wink:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

That's not sabotage, that's lack of backbone/self control.

FYI, if you look at the difference between the egg white mcmuffin and regular mcmuffin, it s difference of 40 calories and 1g protein. Not much different.
  • tonyyung779
    tonyyung779 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Viewing this as "falling down" or a daily failure of your diet seems to be a really unhealthy way of looking at food. So is "just exercise for 2.2 hours and burn it off" mentality. It's just food.
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest a brisk walk before dinner, maybe through some jumping jacks and squats in there too if you're up for it.

What I do on pizza night when it happens at our house is buy a bag of the premade salad (already washed and everything) and some tomatoes and cucumbers and make sure I have a big bowl of salad before I dig into the pizza. I'll make my own vinaigrette to put on top, just enough to give the salad a little flavor (and making your own dressing helps to control sodium and sugar). I find filling up on salad before I have a slice or two of pizza helps me feel full without feeling deprived. I'm still having my pizza but I likely won't have more than a slice or two since I'm partially full from the salad.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    the day is already ruined

WRONG. Saying the whole day is ruined because you ate poorly one time is like saying "Oh I dropped my cell phone...better step on it and smash it into the ground because it's ruined" (not my quote but very accurate).

Don't stress. Do a little exercise today and get back on the horse tomorrow.
  • Steezburt
    Steezburt Posts: 23
    Options
    Try drinking water with lemon and exercising that junk off. It's ok to once in a while eat that kind of stuff but it shouldn't be a daily habit. Don't get down on yourself about it either. It was your choice to eat it so don't beat yourself up, just change your diet and make sure you have will power to say no to unhealthy foods. .
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with a McDonalds big breakfast.

Big breakfast:
    Cals: 615
    Protein: 28g
    Fat: 36g

Pancakes with syrup:
    Cals: 530
    Protein: 8g
    Fat: 8g

Out of the two, for the sake of an extra 85 calories, I'd have chosen the big breakfast. It's got a decent amount of protein and fat to keep you full. The pancakes are just carbs and sugar - not that there's anything wrong with carbs and sugar, but it's not going to satisfy you for long.

Stop stressing so much about one day and labeling certain food as inherently unhealthy. Don't exercise yourself to death today because you feel guilty - it's not a healthy way to look at exercise. Get a workout in because you enjoy it, drink plenty of water, and enjoy your pizza, just don't go overboard. It's a new day tomorrow.
    +1
    +2

She gave you the more nutritionally sound option. You should thank her.
    +3

Drink some water, eat some lighter foods for lunch (just to ease the ick feeling) and remember, it's just food!
    One day will not ruin your progress!!
    +4
    The big breakfast may be fattier than you're used to lately, but the pancakes will definitely give you a sugar/carb spike then crash and burn, which is worse than all the protein you got with the other meal.
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Who's making you eat any of it?? It sounds like you need to exercise a little self control and say NO
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A big Breakfast is only 615 calories???

That was my first thought too!
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Stop stressing over food.
    ^ best advice.
    Don't worry because you didn't eat healthily like a saint for one day. You won't gain weight from it just in one day. Just keep on track and don't make eating takeaway a very regular occurrence.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You've already received a lot of positive feedback, so there is not much more I can contribute. I am making this journey about a lifestyle change, and I just don't want to give up some things as part of that lifestyle. So I'm just learned to eat less of it, less frequently. I have changed my goals each time I've fallen off the wagon, and now I'm at a very slow pace of .5 - 1 lb loss a week. There are some weeks I'm more aggressive, but when I'm in a funk, or just have stuff going on I don't stress about it. Or at least I try not to. I did cry a couple weeks back because I didn't want to exercise, I was exhausted and just couldn't push myself that night. My husband put his arms around me and just told me to go to bed, get some sleep and get back to it the next day. So yeah, some days it gets hard, but you gotta keep pushing forward.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm surprised at the numbers on the Big Breakfast, but I'm not surprised that they're better than the numbers on the pancakes.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options
    You've already received a lot of positive feedback, so there is not much more I can contribute. I am making this journey about a lifestyle change, and I just don't want to give up some things as part of that lifestyle. So I'm just learned to eat less of it, less frequently. I have changed my goals each time I've fallen off the wagon, and now I'm at a very slow pace of .5 - 1 lb loss a week. There are some weeks I'm more aggressive, but when I'm in a funk, or just have stuff going on I don't stress about it. Or at least I try not to. I did cry a couple weeks back because I didn't want to exercise, I was exhausted and just couldn't push myself that night. My husband put his arms around me and just told me to go to bed, get some sleep and get back to it the next day. So yeah, some days it gets hard, but you gotta keep pushing forward.

I just had to say, how sweet of your husband! I guess sometimes we need a push and sometimes we need the opposite. I do pity the men who are trying to figure out what we need at the time, though. Lol!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, no worries. chalk it up to a cheat day and hit the gym, drink plenty of water. We all have these days. Don't beat yourself up. You did not fail, that only happens when you give up. Tomorrow is a new day!!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This is a joke.

1. You're an adult, pop your families tit out of your mouth and make your own decision. I live in the South and everything my mom cooks when i visit her is deep fried and i pass because I'm an adult and she doesn't get to tell me what to do anymore.
    2. Stop blaming others for your bad choices.