Just starting Looking for support also T25 today!

Options
I am the biggest I have been at 181 pounds I'm 5'7" and 27 years old.
I am struggling a lot with starting to work out and get in shape. I have no motivation and frankly i would rather watch tv! I am very happy in my personal life but not happy with how i look currently and how i feel about myself.
I have chosen that today is the day, I am going to start T25 the new Insanity fitness. I'm dreading going home to start this workout. I understand this is the hardest part just starting the workouts and keeping with it. Once a habit is made i'm sure ill feel the opposite. It has just been such a long time. Ready to feel better again for myself!

Thanks to anyone who reads this for "listening" Happy i found MFP i hope it will be a good way to get and give support to others in their fitness goals! :)

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the steps to get fit and healthy. You're right, the beginning is always the hardest! I'm starting T25 on Monday so feel free to friend me! Also, if you're looking for a good group of people to get motivation, support and accountability from I can add you to my Facebook group! A LOT of people there have done T25 and they're all amazingly supportive! Let me know!
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! I am about a week and a half in (I randomly started on a Saturday). It is now just part of my routine, even days I dread, I make myself do it! And, afterwards I am so glad I did! Just give it your all - one day at a time (atleast for 5 weeks and go from there). Friend me if you want, we can keep eachother going! :)
  • nielsenjl
    nielsenjl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started T25 yesterday! My legs are so sore. I don't know how I will do it tonight, but I will. Feel free to add me for support and to help me stay motivated too!
  • SKallback
    SKallback Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in pretty good shape, I lift, run and chase my kids around. That being said, my wife and I have been doing T25 for almost 2 months now and we are both really happy at the increased stamina, core strength and how good we feel. It's "only" 25 minutes but that is just the right amount of time to really push yourself to the max and Shaun T is right, it will be the best you will feel all day.

Don't get discouraged by slow results, just keep at it, your core is the center of your entire body and as that gets stronger, so will everything else. Just keep telling yourself that its only 25 minutes, less than 2% of your entire day.
  • IrishOKel
    IrishOKel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Day 2 completed! I can feel my calves hurting already tonight so i cant WAIT until the morning.. :) Gotta keep motivated! I Think I Can!
  • koronakona
    koronakona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5 now and am so glad I have stuck with it. It is worth it so keep going!!! I have missed two days (and feel so guilty about that) but am committed to finishing strong. Who doesn't have 25 minutes a day?!? Keep with it and you will see results. I just finished cardio yesterday and finally got to check the "Nailed It" box for the first time, with only following Tanya for a minute or 2. You do get stronger and the inches do start to melt away. Add me if you want for motivation and accountability. We can do this!!!
  • Caronnie
    Caronnie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 on Monday and I'm so SORE! Looking for friends for support and motivation as well, so please add me! :)
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 too and looking forward to putting the first week behind me. Using that "It's only 25 minutes" mantra! Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Anyone try that 5-day quick start menu? It seems like madness to work out to 1,100 calories but I think some of the meals are a good start to a healthy meal with just a little add-ons. I'm sticking to the 1500 cal that I've been doing.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 today. I love that it's only 25 minutes!
  • Artemisia7
    Options
    I just started with T25 today. Last week I started with Insanity but it was too much for a beginning. My whole body hurt and I could hardly walk the stairs. So some people recommended T25 for a beginning.

I just did alpha cardio-modified version. Feel free to add me. It is great to have a support.

Sending love to you all. <3