Starting to lose motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnybythanksgiving
    skinnybythanksgiving Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't give you a complete answer without seeing your food diary. That said, when I stop losing I shake things up by skipping exercise on some days, as well as alternating 1100 calories to 1200 calories and my maintenance calories. My body responds very nicely to breaks from exercise as well as calorie variety by dropping pounds. It's a wonderful thing. I feel better mentally too taking a break from the strict adherence to a "diet and exercise schedule".
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Also - my mother had breast cancer too - the hormone one so no hormone replacements and she refused Tamoxofin because of the research she had done at the time. My daughter's birth is the living calendar of her recovery - 11 years! You can do it. (my mom and my grandmother both had breast cancer - so I know I am a ticking time bomb)

Mom has said since the cancer her body has really changed (note she is older than you by quite a bit I would guess) had cancer at 53 and is now 64. Some good - her hair and nails are stronger and thicker - but losing weight - and menopause has made things harder.

Best of luck to you and in your recovery.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone....I really do appreciate all of your suggestions. I think that I have already pretty much tried it all...lol....I have changed my eating, took breaks from working out, changed eating again, increased calories, decreased calories...you name it, I have done it but nothing is working....my last thing to do is get a total blood workup. I meet with my surgeons next week but I'm calling my primary care doctor today for an appointment with him.

I think my body doesn't like me anymore and is working against me...haha....

Again, thanks so very much for your assistance and all of your very kind words....I really appreciate all of it.