Sports Bra Recommendations?

Options
I am picking up my exercise levels and with that, am replacing some of the staples (sneakers, ankle brace, leggings, etc.).

I am frustrated with the options I have found in Academy Sports, Sports Authority, Walmart, Target, ****'s Sporting Goods, etc. for sports bras. I need a good high impact bra for a D-cup....

Can anyone give me an honest recommendation for a comfortable, individual cup, high impact garment?

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Replies

• starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've had good look with Champion sports bras with underwires in them. If all else fails, you can't deny the holding power of doubling up bras. When I'm doing an "extra-bouncy" activity I'll were a regular bra under my sports bras.

The girls seem to stay put best that way. :smile:
  • suzique33
    suzique33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!
    I am thinking an Underarmour from what I have seen, you can get them at sportschek. But any other suggestions would be wonderful!! Being a large busted Runner is painful sometimes!
  • sunitar292
    sunitar292 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Victoria's secret "Incredible" sports bra works great for me! I wear a 38C, Its not too tight and has great support (with no bounce). Other sports bras feel uncomfortable and leave brusise marks on my sides. I got mine on sale for $25!
  • smokeyflavour
    Options
    I'm a DD, so I know this problem well. After much searching, I've found 2 I love enough to recommend.
    My favourite is the Underarmour Armour Bra - http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca/en/womens-armour-bra-d-cup/pid1233077-001
    Followed closely by the lululemon Ta Ta Tamer - http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/bras-medium-support/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=13223&skuId=3543132&catId=bras-medium-support&filterType2=function&filterValue2=run

I also have a friend swear by a Victoria Secret sports bra that has underwire built in. She's an E cup and a big time runner, so I'll probably get this bra next on her recommendation.

Good luck!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I really like the old navy high impact sports bras, I am a little bit smaller at a C cup though. There were some bad reviews for them online because they are tight and really smush your boobs down (complaints that they are not very flattering) but I like that, I am not running to look attractive (well not durring my run anyways) so if I can get as close to no boobs as possible I am happy with that! They are about 14$ I think and old navy is really good about sales so the ones I have were all about 7$ when I got them, so not too expensive.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I love the Tata Tamer from Lululemon. What I really love about it, is that it does the trick for my high-impact activity (running), without feeling like I'm gasping for air. It's actually comfortable.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    lululemon tata tamer!
    I don't actually have this one but a coworker does and she says she can do anything and they don't budge, lol!
    I just fall back on the tried and true of wearing a sports bra on top of a regular bra.
  • Linda_9518
    Linda_9518 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Champions are actually great, supportive sports bras. I got lucky one day, walked in Marshall's or TJMaxx and found them for $14.99 each. I stocked up! They can go as high as $52.00 in stores. The good ones. Cushioned straps, individual cups, pretty colors (Hot pink, bright blues, black, mint greens etc...).
  • beverlya2014
    Options
    The ta ta tamer from lulu is worth every cent. The girls barely move...its perfect!:wink:
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find a sports bra that works for me. So, I just double up and wear a regular bra and put a sports bra over that. Works great for me. I used to play basketball and doing that kept them pretty contained.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I wear a target sports bra and a regular bra, I'm in between a D and DD. I've never found a sports bra that I can wear without doubling up.
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the other responses yet, but I cannot say enough about MOVING COMFORT!! Specifically the Juno bra.

I used to be a 36H. Yes, H. I had a running store recommend the Juno to me, and it was amazing. After having to wear 2 sports bras my whole life, the Juno held them FIRM.

I had a double mastectomy and breast reconstruction last summer and am now a happy C. But I still wear the Juno. My plastic surgeon told me I have to be very careful with my reconstructed breasts so they don't fall or sag since there's no natural elasticity in them to hold the in place, so in the Juno I will stay!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I wear a target sports bra and a regular bra, I'm in between a D and DD. I've never found a sports bra that I can wear without doubling up.

Same issue for me. Doubling up is the best solution for me.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
  • fhfreedom
    fhfreedom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 D... Victoria Secreat VSX line is insanely good. I have had Nike, Under Armour, Champion, etc. VSX holds the girls in and allows breathing room and so comfortable that I sleep in them too. I have 4 of them and they are my absolute favorite, little pricey but they are worth it IMO.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and I like the Moving Comfort brand. I also have a good Champion one (not one of their cheap ones though). I found the Tata Tamer from Lululemon to not be supportive enough for me when running. I think it's best to go to a running store to find really supportive sports bras.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Champions are actually great, supportive sports bras. I got lucky one day, walked in Marshall's or TJMaxx and found them for $14.99 each. I stocked up! They can go as high as $52.00 in stores. The good ones. Cushioned straps, individual cups, pretty colors (Hot pink, bright blues, black, mint greens etc...).

I have a hot pink Champion sports bra......not much support (maybe mine is a different model). You can always jump up & down in the fitting room.

I use an Enell bra......super supportive (but super ugly!) ....

Another brand with super reviews......Moving Comfort
  • DarkshineGirl
    Options

I have a hot pink Champion sports bra......not much support (maybe mine is a different model). You can always jump up & down in the fitting room.

I just finished reading up on Enell, it's the only one that looks like it'll fit me. Sometimes it really sucks to be well endowed, lol.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I just finished reading up on Enell, it's the only one that looks like it'll fit me. Sometimes it really sucks to be well endowed, lol.

The sizing is wierd....numbers (no letters) .....I'll see if I can find the chart I used (worked for me)

http://www.enell.com/get-fit

These bras can be a challenge to put on ....actually a review on Amazon (pretty funny) tells you the least frustrating method. I got used to it. I use a mini trampoline for cardio....& nothing moves.