Macros

Options
So, I understand what they are, and I know it's important to meet them, but how do you go about choosing food that'll fit into your macro ratio?

I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I tend to buy what's on sale, and focus on calories more than anything. I'm at the start of a pretty long weight loss journey, so I'm not even sure it's worth focusing on macros just yet? I mean, my diet isn't packed with junk. On a good day, it's a packet of porridge (the flavoured kind) made with water and a piece of fruit, lunch is soup which is usually 1-2 servings of veggies in it and an apple. Dinner is usually chicken & rice of some description with a serving of veggies. Snacks are portion controlled treats, like a bag of mini Oreos and a bag of healthy(ish) potato chips.

I know it's far from perfect, but budget is a big deal for me at the moment. I don't want to give up, so I'm trying to balance between what I can afford to buy and what's actually good for me.

Replies

• tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I build my diet around protein and fats then add other stuff to meet my calorie limits for the day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    mine is centered around protien and fat as well...

So I choose lean meats, eggs etc yogurt for snacks, cheese and crackers etc.

Even on a tight budget macros are easy to hit. Just all in the choices.