Motivation

Options
I gained a lot of weight over the past few years and August of 2013 I decided to do something about it. I weighed 151 lbs at only 5'3 and was very unhappy with my body. I work as a cashier and I got asked multiple times if I was pregnant due to the fact that I carried most of my weight in my stomach, this made me cry every single time. This motivated me to get fit, I now weigh 110 lbs after a complete lifestyle change. I actually enjoy exercising now and finding yummy, healthy recipes to make. I feel better physically and mentally than I have ever felt before. I just want you all to know that you're goals are attainable as well, you can really do it. I never thought it was possible until I actually tried and set my mind to it. It can be hard work, but it is so worth it! Good luck! :)

4kadj4.jpg

Before & After

2hs84cw.jpg

Replies

• MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    full of win, awesome
  • rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Wahoo!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I love this...as being someone overweight, I love that this shows, at any weight being healthy is a journey, one should never stop wanting to improve ones self.

Great job! :)
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Amazing job :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Pretty! Good job!
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :-) x
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look great! Be proud of your accomplishment.
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I'm 5' 4" and started here almost a month ago at 135lbs - and while there's no way that's overweight I certainly avoid wearing clothes that are tight round the belly for fear of looking pregnant too! During my three years at drama school, I was told on a weekly basis by my movement teacher to 'stop pushing my belly out' and my mother also likes a good prod, so I'd just hide under baggy, black t-shirts or items that emphasise the bust and distract from the belly. I'm not really talking to my friends IRL about this because they'll all say 'you don't need to lose weight', thinking I'm happy to live in empire line dresses for the rest of my life... It's the little things like losing an inch off my midsection (waist, belly and hips), my clothes fitting better, being stronger and just FEELING better that makes it all worthwhile.

Anyway, fantastic job - thanks for posting and reminding us that hard work and dedication does pay off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!