Cereal preferences?

Options
2»

Replies

• brandiegirl16
    brandiegirl16 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Fruity pebbles or Captain Crunch. They both tend to cut the roof of your mouth but the sugary goodness makes it easy to overlook that fact.

lol.. as soon as i saw Captain Crunch.. the top of my mouth instantly became sore.. so true!! Also, love the Richard Simmons on your ticker... he's such a little ray of sunshine :flowerforyou:
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll check out the kashi cereals. They seem pretty popular and I already love the bars!
  • RachelFrost1
    RachelFrost1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I make homemade granola. It is not low calorie so you need to measure your portions but it is very nutrient dense and will keep you full for several hours as opposed to other store bought cereals that have very few nutrients and do not keep you full at all. A little fruit on top is also yummy. My favorite recipe is this one from 100 Days of Real Food. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/04/04/recipe-granola-bars-cereal/
  • mamayoga
    mamayoga Posts: 43
    Options
    Save money: Aldi has a "cheapo" version of Kashi cereal, Millville GoLean Crunch, that I love. I have 1/2 cup with 1cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (also from Aldi) for breakfast. (Small serving cuz I have 2 snacks and lunch also during the day)
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like all of the Kashi brand cereal's the best, but I also like Wheat Chex and Multi-Grain cheerios.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love eating Honey Nut Cheerios in the morning w/ a splash of vanilla almond milk.

This^^^^I also like corn chex with banana and vanilla almond milk
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I liked Special K - Protein. Yum with some fresh berries and either 1% milk or almond milk (sometimes the A milk made it too sweet for me).

I also likes the Fiber One Protein cereal - same thing (berries & either C-milk or A-milk).

But alas... I've given up wheat to help my tummy... so now it's a gluten free granola (about 1/4 cup) with corn chex and A-milk.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One 80 cal cereal! I've only tried the honey wheat flavor but there's chocolate too. I believe it's 10 grams of fiber which is pretty good.
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Make your own!

I mix and match favourites when I can - oats, rice puffs, nuts, fruits or make breakfast parfait jars to last the week.
  • amanda_oc
    amanda_oc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE crispy mini weetabix with chocolate chips... decent amount of fibre, not sure how calories compare to other cereals (possibly slightly higher), but they are delicious... and keep me full for quite a while.

Never mind best cereal ever.... possibly best food ever in my opinion! :D
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You can prepare your own cereal ahead of time - buy oats (not the quick kind) add raisins, almonds, cranberrys, sunflower seeds etc you can good to find out what each is calorie wise and figure out your mix proportions from there
  • birdland33
    Options
    I usually go for Total Raisin Bran, Post Great Grains, or Shredded Wheat. I am a proponent of cereal even though trainers say you should run from it.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I found Life multigrains keep me full the longest for a 3/4 or 1 cup serving (whatever I feel like that morning) I like the taste too...not too sugary. I eat my cereal with vanilla almond milk.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am not a cereal fan at all so I just choose other breakfasts - but my husband is a Kashi fan, especially the protein varieties.