Snack ideas please! Night in with the girls...

Options
Hi MFPers, Im having some friends round on Saturday night for a few drinks etc....trying to come up with ideas for low fat nibbles I can provide! Old favourites were pizza, crisps, sour cream dips etc .....all the worst things (that taste the best, I have to be honest haha!) Does anyone have any ideas...? Will probably make some low fat houmous and tzatziki with raw veggies but what else...? Any ideas would be really appreciated! :happy:

Replies

• twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I personally take a shrimp tray with me, as well as the veggie tray with lots of different flavors of hummus. Also, a fruit platter, with fat free vanilla yogurt for "dipping", and maybe even some lowfat granola to make a parfait.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Baboli Bread Pizza ( or any healty option pizza crust ) Pre cooked

light layer olive oil over crust
    Use freshly thing sliced tomatoes in place of sauce
    topp with Fresh Basil, garlic, artichoke hearts, and fresh grates parmasean

nummy :)
  • wiset
    wiset Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As assortment of sushi alway works.
  • tina8884
    Options
    how about the flavored mini rice cakes? i like the nacho or sour cream flavors
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this chicken dip/spread the other day - may be good for you.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139673-chicken-clucks?hl=Chicken#posts-1902087

Healthy wraps sliced for individual servings may also be good. Turkey, laughing cow light cheese or fat free cream cheese with lettuce, tomato, onion - whatever you like. There are low carb tortillas that have 50 calories each - or the Flatout wraps.
  • jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fresh popcorn! Low cal, can be made healthy in many different ways. Can be made on the stove with just enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan, heat kernels, let pop, add toppings (sea salt, Molly McButter, different spices) for different tastes. Its fun to play with!
  • tracy39
    Options
    Find the website www.hungrygirl.com. You can find drink and reciepes for under 200 calories. They have the best Buff Chick Hot WIng Dip,Winter Wonderland Peppermint Martini and Cocoa-nut Banana Rum-ble Frenzy drinks. It is so helpful and it is perfect for the holidays
  • nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pistachios, Roasted Almonds,Cashews
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Make your dips!... just use plain greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. I would also suggest the Emerald Cocoa Almonds for a sweet snack! Those things should be illegal.

Enjoy your night!
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you girls, but I adore my fruity girlie drinks with the little umbrellas! I went on a mission to find a drink that didn't pack 400 calories a glass but still satisfied my craving, what I discovered was diet orange soda (any brand) and Malibu Rum (Coconut Flavor)! Delicious! This drink with is about 120 calories! Not bad for a fruity girlie drink!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You can still do all of those sour cream dips- just use fat free plain yogurt instead.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Low Calorie Stuffed Mushrooms (I'm taking them to my next party on Friday...)

http://www.food.com/recipe/delicious-low-fat-calorie-stuffed-mushrooms-198754
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Awwww guys thank you so much! Really looking forward to my night in now I know I can enjoy some tasty snacks and drinks with my friends without going oer my calories! Thanks again. xxxxx