When do you log your food?

Options

Replies

• GregHelton
    GregHelton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is my first day (and first post). I plan on logging the day before as a guide. I love the automatic counters. I've already used it to adjust what I ate for lunch today! It also motivated me to start walking today. I'm hoping pre-logging keep on schedule and, therefore, keep me from grazing in the kitchen.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Right after eating; if that's not possible, then I do it as soon as I can after that. This is where having the app comes in handy, because I always have my phone on me- it makes keeping a log very convenient.
  • ordinaryloser
    ordinaryloser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Either throughout the day or pre-log in the morning <--- that along with the meal preparation helps me not go out of bounds to often.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Since I work in the day and go to class at night I pre log in the morning because I have all my food in a bag. Then if I eat a bit more I add it in. Like the 2 twizzlers I just ate. :laugh:
  • asiantaye
    asiantaye Posts: 26
    Options
    It depends, if it is something new(recipe) I will log it first to see the effects it will have on the rest of my day. My normal things, I put them on as I eat them.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I usually plan out my day in advance (more or less), but often adjust my plan. Sometimes I am not in the mood for the dinner I picked at 8 am. :)
    For little snacks, I log after I eat. I'm usually updating as the day progresses-- "I ate less of that than I expected, more of this than I expected", etc.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 50% after 40% during 10% before. Typically during lunch (on a pc at work), after dinner (at home on a tablet and figuring out if I have cals left of TV snack, heh), and the following morning after night time snack (I know, bad), and occasionally before if I know I won't have time. There's no right or wrong time, whatever you can do AND log accurately, that's most important. If I forgot to log a cheeseburger it's gonna show up later...
  • CWalsh325
    CWalsh325 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I normally try to log my food as I'm prepairing it. Breakfast and Lunch usually get logged before I leave for work (I eat both meals at my desk, never have time for breakfast before work), Dinner is hard to log before hand because I don't usually know what I'm eating until I open the fridge to see what I can make, but once I know I'll log it. If I don't I'll forget.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Both before and after.

I do best when I log before.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I usually log as I'm eating, or right after. I rarely do any pre-planning. If I do, I'll log it in advance. I have no clue from day to day what I'll be eating.
  • rebeccaaa_elizabeth
    rebeccaaa_elizabeth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't pre-log my entire day at once, but I enter an item or meal shortly before I eat it. I think someone else said this also, but if I'm planning on eating out somewhere I definitely pre-log and usually enter a few different things from the restaurant beforehand to see what I'm looking at calorie-wise, which helps me make a decision before I'm actually there.
  • MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to do it either before (which requires me to plan and be accountable) or during. If I do it during and realize that what I'm eating is going to be a TERRIBLE decision, I just stop eating (cold turkey- lots of discipline) and fill up on water. I don't log afterwards unless I'm in a rush because I usually forget something:-)
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I log right after I eat it. Sometime while eating it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log the day, if I know what I'm going to eat. I add things in as I eat them, or at the end of the day if I can't do it during the day.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I do so the night before, except friday night for saturday I leave wiggle roomon saturdays
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I prelog what I know I am going to eat and leave calories for whatever snacks I feel like
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I log everything before I eat it. I usually scan barcodes as im cooking
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I usually log everything for the day while I'm eating breakfast. Keeps me on point and I can make adjustments if I need to.
  • blancablanca
    Options
    Just right after I ate it or while i am eating it!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I log ahead of time so there are no surprises and rather or not I have room for a little treat, which I almost always do. YAY ME!!!