Couch to 5K

Hi, I've been doing the couch to 5K app. I finished week 2 day 3 on Sunday so started week 3 day 1 today. I got through the run, and found it hard but did complete it. The ending message from the voiceover said congrats for finishing week 6! I checked when I got in, and the podcast had for some reason swapped week 3 for week 6,

What should I do now? Carry on with week 3, or start from week 6, seeing as I did complete the run?!
Thanks!

Replies

• So you ran over/at 2 miles?
  • Yep, I ran for 5 mins, walked for 3, ran for 8 mins, walked for 3, ran for 5 mins in total. I think it was about 1.5/2 miles
  • peebeebs
    peebeebs Posts: 25
    I think if you could do week 6 then keep up with it, that's awesome! Don't go back to week 3!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    OP were you already running before starting C25K? If you were maybe stay at week 6 but if you weren't I would go back. C25K is programmed to get your body ready for running gradually to prevent injury.

The last run of week 5 was to run 20 minutes. If you can do that, staying at week 6 is is probably fine if your body is acclimated to running. Your next run would be 2 runs of 10 minutes.

Edited to add: I'm very new at running so take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm sure a more experienced runner will have some sound advice for you.
  • OP were you already running before starting C25K? If you were maybe stay at week 6 but if you weren't I would go back. C25K is programmed to get your body ready for running gradually to prevent injury.

The last run of week 5 was to run 20 minutes. If you can do that, staying at week 6 is is probably fine if your body is acclimated to running. Your next run would be 2 runs of 10 minutes.

Edited to add: I'm very new at running so take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm sure a more experienced runner will have some sound advice for you.

I ran a bit last year- but I got split shins because I didn't have proper trainers. I might go back to week 4/5- just to make sure I'm not pushing myself too hard and risk another injury!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Personally I'm nervous about injuring myself so I try and take it slow. That being said I have tweaked the hell out of C25K so I don't even follow my own advice. :laugh: Even with the tweaks I try and be sensible. It's time for my run now!