Co-Enzyme Q10

Options
I started taking this supplement 7 days ago. About 4 days ago I started to experience really bad sleeps. Last night was the worst - my mind was racing - random fired thoughts.
Has anyone any experience of this supplement ?
Anyone else had these side effects?
Thanks Shaun.

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it daily for about a year.

Doesn't effect my sleep at all.
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    Thanks, I have just done some Internet research and side effects of taking 100mg may cause mild insomnia. I am only taking 50mg a day.
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    I'd stop taking it if your sleep is affected. Any benefits that come from the supplement (minimal, btw) are going to be offset by your lack of sleep.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it for three months and so far there hasn't been anything to remark at either way. I will say supplements can have all sorts of other crap and fillers in them. It could be any number of things.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    CoQ10 addresses the effectiveness of ribosomes along your mitochondria--translated this means transporting fuel for energy. Because of this, I take CoQ10 in the morning when I need both physical and mental energy for the day. I avoid taking it a night.
  • maarbo
    maarbo Posts: 22
    Options
    I have been taking CoQ10 for several years after my Dr recommended it for treating the side affects of the statin meds I were taking (tiredness, joint/muscle pain, lack of energy). It can take several weeks before theraputic affects are felt due to having to get the levels in your blood up to levels. I take 200mg, 3x a day, and after about 2 weeks felt a heck of a lot better. I can tell when I haven't take it for several days. This topic posting is the first I've heard of any side effects.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I started taking it with some acetyl-l-carnitine a few months ago. The energy boost I got from that was unbelievable. Even at midnight, I was still energetic enough to be awake. After a while, the energy boost tapered off but in the beginning it was even better than caffeine. I still take it CoQ10.
  • PaulineNicole_
    PaulineNicole_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Because CoQ10 works as an enzyme that provides energy at a cellular level, it is best to take in the morning. It is known to provide natural energy. I had the same problem when I would take it in the evening, I could not sleep and would get crazy dreams as well. Great supplement though!