Inexpensive exercise equipment! Current favorites!

Options
Hi all

So my current obsession is an inexpensive piece of exercise equipment, it is a basic foam roller that I bought online for $25. I love it because after a workout my back gets tight and my body is sore. It is really easy to use and there are tons of videos on the web to show you different ways to use it (stretching, toning, core and massages). I mostly use it to massage and loosen my back, legs etc.

I would love to hear all about what your favorite inexpensive exercise tools are as well!

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Body weight! woot woot! One of the best strength tools ;) hehe
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My homemade wrist roller. I got an old piece of closet rod and cut it down to about 18" and drilled a hole through the middle. I attatched a 4' piece of line with a snap-hook I had from a broken retractable dog leash. Then I put 10 lbs of weight plates on the line and roll it up and down. Great forearm workouts and I paid nada!
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My dog Charlie. He weights about 60 lbs and walking him is a cardiovascular and a strength workout all at once. lol
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I got a set of resistance bands from ebay that i use all the time for £11.50 which i think is about $18 :bigsmile:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    My homemade wrist roller. I got an old piece of closet rod and cut it down to about 18" and drilled a hole through the middle. I attatched a 4' piece of line with a snap-hook I had from a broken retractable dog leash. Then I put 10 lbs of weight plates on the line and roll it up and down. Great forearm workouts and I paid nada!
    We did the same thing!!!!
  • RoRoYourBoat
    Options
    sounds rad!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I used to like my resistance band until it snapped in two the other day.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Body weight! :)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Body weight! :)
    Ditto! Can't get any cheaper than that! And the options are endless!
    :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My rolling pin for work on my IT Band issues, I can do it myself and cheaper than a foam roller.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    this week for me has been a snow shovel... and apparently i'm going to need it again on Sunday and Monday!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Body weight! woot woot! One of the best strength tools ;) hehe

I was going to say the ground. It's perfect, wherever you go you always have your body and the ground. No informercial needed.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    If you talk nice to your doctor the next time you visit he/she may give you a piece of surgical tubing. You tie the ends together and have a really nice resistance band. Also door handles screwed into a piece of wood makes for a customized push-up stand that forces you to keep your hands parallel and the correct distance apart!
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Netflix!
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    Netflix!

I'm confused. How do you use this for exercise?