I have a serious problem, . .

Options
13»

Replies

• I too struggle with that problem. Typically when I want to eat just to eat or any other reason besides I'm hungry I try to do some type of exercise. By the time I'm done the feeling usually passes.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    got any advice then?

Don't keep food right next to the computer. If it's not there... you won't eat it?
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Chew gum! :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    got any advice then?

when you want it badly enough, it'll just happen.
  • pistilera
    Options
    I just weigh out or count my serving size in chips or fruit etc. Also I try and bust my *kitten* and burn 800 calories a day, along with my 1400 calorie a day allowance, so if I do snack a little extra it wont hurt. But yea mindless for me = bored eating, so try and keep your hands busy and your mouth busy.. other than just eat healthy snacks!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i do on here anhd another place, but i can just be sitting there and pick up food just to eat it, without thinking about it

Pick one place. Logging in two different places is crazy-talk.

And don't keep food where you can reach it from your seat.

Don't eat anything you haven't logged, and don't eat when you're out of calories for the day.

Simple.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I used to do this all the time. I'd have food + WoW.

Find a hobby, or find something you enjoy that will keep your hands busy. For me, I picked up a guitar and then it lead to drums. I played so much that I ended up in a band for awhile.

Since then, I rarely game anymore, and I didn't have the munchies beside me. This helped me gain a new skill, and prevent overeating at the same time :) Plus, I log my food + exercise like a video game. More fitness XP = higher level, being able to do more stuff.
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do this sometimes, it helps me a lot to a) not keep any food in rooms other than the kitchen, and b) keep a bottle of water or similar in the room where I computer/read/whatever and more in the fridge.

The first mainly means that I notice when I'm going to get food, and then can stop myself or consciously go for something good for me like vegetables. The second gives me something else to be holding and putting in my mouth, plus reminds me to drink more water. I do find myself walking into the kitchen, looking around and then walking right back out from time to time, which probably looks weird but does mean I eat less.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    try and keep your hands busy and your mouth busy

snicker-karenljuj3.gif
  • Enygirl210
    Enygirl210 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Take up knitting. It keeps your hands and your mind busy. No time for snacking.

LOL! I took up crocheting as an alternative to spending all my free time on the computer and I think I'm developing callouses on my fingers.

I've been a crocheter for 13 years, but could've won the "EXTREME CRAFTER" Award when I quit smoking April 2012. Now, I have my own crochet business and make money doing something I love. Once a creature of habit, always a creature of habit. :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Punch yourself in the balls every time you eat unnecessarily.

i don't think OP has any, as she is female….

I call them imaginary girl balls. :tongue:
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Plan your food for the day. It stops me mindlessly eating.