Subway sandwiches

Options
2»

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    This might be why: http://www.hangthebankers.com/the-subway-deception/

I have not eaten subway since. Nor will I eat it again. This whole time I thought subway was healthy.

That article was quoted from this article: http://www.naturalnews.com/039308_Subway_deception_food_additives.html#

The author of that original article includes the following in his bio (at the bottom of the page): "After taking the organic sulfur crystals (they are harvested from the pine trees in Louisiana) in November of 2008 for 10 days my asthma reversed and has not come back over 4 years later, 18 cases, so far, of autism have been reversed, as has cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, osteoarthritis, joint pain, astigmatism, gum disease, increased sexual activity, heavy metal and radiation elimination, parasite elimination, free radicals elimination, faster athletic recovery time, increased blood circulation, reduced inflammation, resistance to getting the flu, reduction of wrinkles, allergy reduction, reduced PMS and monthly period pain, nausea, migraines and so much more."

Organic sulfur crystals cure EVERYTHING. Seems legit. Sorry if I don't really buy any of the rest of his theories.

how dare you question a website called Hang the Bankers!!!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    When I eat raw veggies I get bad gas and intestinal pain. Are veggies bad for me?
  • cns94
    cns94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I have not eaten subway since. Nor will I eat it again. This whole time I thought subway was healthy.

That article was quoted from this article: http://www.naturalnews.com/039308_Subway_deception_food_additives.html#

The author of that original article includes the following in his bio (at the bottom of the page): "After taking the organic sulfur crystals (they are harvested from the pine trees in Louisiana) in November of 2008 for 10 days my asthma reversed and has not come back over 4 years later, 18 cases, so far, of autism have been reversed, as has cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, osteoarthritis, joint pain, astigmatism, gum disease, increased sexual activity, heavy metal and radiation elimination, parasite elimination, free radicals elimination, faster athletic recovery time, increased blood circulation, reduced inflammation, resistance to getting the flu, reduction of wrinkles, allergy reduction, reduced PMS and monthly period pain, nausea, migraines and so much more."

Organic sulfur crystals cure EVERYTHING. Seems legit. Sorry if I don't really buy any of the rest of his theories.

I completely agree his argument about this seems very far fetched, but i don't think it discredits the fact that there are all of these very harmful chemicals in their products. It's not necessarily a theory as it is proven matter of factly in their ingredients. The simple fact is that they false advertise. When they run on the grounds of "eating fresh" yet their foods, even their vegetables, have an obscene amount of preservatives. It changed my opinion about the way they do business as well as the quality of their food. It's just very misleading for people who try to avoid foods that are processed or are high in chemical content. Personally this was the last "fast food" option I was ever going to & reading this article changed my opinion, so I no longer eat there. I try to eat as natural as I can & Subway has now just put a bad taste in my mouth.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I completely agree his argument about this seems very far fetched, but i don't think it discredits the fact that there are all of these very harmful chemicals in their products. It's not necessarily a theory as it is proven matter of factly in their ingredients. The simple fact is that they false advertise. When they run on the grounds of "eating fresh" yet their foods, even their vegetables, have an obscene amount of preservatives. It changed my opinion about the way they do business as well as the quality of their food. It's just very misleading for people who try to avoid foods that are processed or are high in chemical content. Personally this was the last "fast food" option I was ever going to & reading this article changed my opinion, so I no longer eat there. I try to eat as natural as I can & Subway has now just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Their veggies, except the lettuce, are sourced from local growers.

I used to manage a Subway.
  • Todesengal
    Options
    You know, if you go on Subway's website, they let you 'build' your sub and it will tell you the nutritional info of the sub as you add toppings, dressings and cheese. Pretty nifty; I used it to find out that the Italian bread had fewer calories than the wheat and other small stuff.

But yeah it depends on what sub you got. Getting a meatball sub pretty much destroys my intestines (and my bathroom).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    When I eat raw veggies I get bad gas and intestinal pain. Are veggies bad for me?

I have the same issue with raw vegetables. They must be ebil after all!!!
  • susie3g
    susie3g Posts: 267
    Options

Their veggies, except the lettuce, are sourced from local growers.

I used to manage a Subway.

I was going to say the same thing. I used to manage a Subway and we got all our produce locally, including lettuce heads, delivered 2-3 times a week as we needed it. Their wheat bread is wheat bread. It's not white bread with dye in it. And of course Subway is going to have processed foods! Is there anyone here that didn't know before now that deli meat, frozen bread dough, and potato chips are all processed? C'mon now.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I normally get a 6" turkey and ham on wheat with spinach and lettuce. No cheese, mayo or anything else. I have never had problems there eating that. Maybe something could have been off?
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

By themselves or when you eat them with meat? I've always heard eat the meat after the veggies since it takes longer for the meat to process. The veggies will be more likely to cause gas if they're stuck behind the meat. Maybe it's BS. Carry on.
  • youngamber82
    youngamber82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Did you have mayo on it? Their mayo sometimes upsets my stomach. Try it with no mayo next time or even musturd which is a healthier choice than mayo.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but the Subways in my area are constantly being shut down due to ecoli and salmonella poisoning. We have stricter food laws here than in the states but somehow Subway is always being closed. It has to do with a.) the employees not washing their hands after using the bathroom and then not wearing gloves, and b.) the meat, cheese and veggies just sit around in their little trays all day. They don't have a certain time when they need to get rid of them. If it's been a slow day and you come in a 9pm for a sub, there's a good chance that that meat has been sitting around since noon. It's disgusting... I've never been a fan of Subway and I'm glad for it.
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

that, and unless its guacamole the avocado is fresh. my first tip off was the "canned" avocado. I've been to subway places that offer and its cut straight from the fruit. no that subway is good for you, but im always wary of anything that contains a hint of untruthfulness.